ICS - This might be heresy, but

CollegePartyBoy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
MEH. I was expecting a completely different experience. Other than making folders, which I could do with a folder app, No big wiz here. Maybe it will feel different on my Rezound because the ATP had some of the new features built into it.
Anybody else feel the same?

HaveADay

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's heresy, ICS isn't the panacea. It's a series of small improvements. Some in stability, some in consistency of the interface and some in capabilities. Also keep in mind it's a much smaller change from Honeycomb and 3.x tablet code base than it is the 2.x code base on the phones. I also suspect that some of the teething issues it seems to be experiencing on the Prime are a factor. On the Galaxy Nexus there was the advantage of not having to do an in place upgrade over an existing OS as well as a likely longer testing phase before the hardware shipped with ICS in place.

Ben

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
And, adding to what Ben said, anytime you have high expectations you are usually disappointed. The tech media and forums alike have been hyping ICS for a while now. It's a good OS and great next step for Android but I don't think it lives up to the high expectations that are being set for it.

I always feel a sense of disappointment after I get an anticipated upgrade.

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of folks are expecting ICS to be something new, when it is actually more of a convergence of the Honeycomb platform with the legacy phone platforms. Most of the changes are dramatic backend updates to support a much broader range of devices and capabilities than before.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think ICS is a bigger deal for phones. To go from Gingerbread to ICS would be a much bigger deal than going from Honeycomb to ICS. From Honeycomb, it's not a huge change. Still some nice little details changed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci