SD to MicroSD Converter

uglyyeti

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I was looking for in a tablet was a full sized SD card reader - since the Prime is micro, I ordered a few converters to try out. There are tons of MicroSD to SD out there, but only a few that go the way I needed (and no, my camera won't write to MicroSD in a converter card.)

It's a little raw - looks like an OEM part without a case - don't know that it's intended as a consumer product, but it works like a champ. Two weeks from Hong Kong, only $5.71 each shipped. SD to MicroSD/TransFlash Card Converter Module - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

The Prime blindingly outperforms my PC reading directly from my 16GB Class 10 SD card. I have just over 2000 pictures on the card at around 6MB each, and I can flip through them nearly as fast as I can - they load quickly. The Prime also plays the video from my Sony a55 without loading any codecs - once again much better than it's ever looked on my pc and playing smoothly in HD without moving it to local storage first. I am more impressed with this than anything I've seen the Prime do so far.

sd2microsd.jpg

omairkha

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I also bought two of these for my tablet. One was pretty much useless so good thing I bought two (I have to hold it in the socket to get it to work so looks like a manufacturing defect). The other one worked fine but sadly didn't last very long for me (accidentally tore). I found another adapter from a US source, which is more expensive but looks much sturdier. So far it has been working great for me. The manufacturing quality looks much nicer too. So in case anyone would like a sturdier adapter here is the link: www.saikosystems.com/web/p-44-sd-to-microsd-converter.aspx

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma