Hello all,

I searched around the forums, and I couldn't find a thread on this, so I thought I would start one. Maybe there is one already though, and I missed it. If there is, please post a link?

Anyways, how do you all clean your screen? I guess this is more directed to those who do not have screen protectors yet, or ever.

I myself am still deciding on what screen protector to get. I think that I have decided on one, and will order it today. However, ever since I got my Prime back in December, I have been paranoid about how to clean it. I know there is that included cloth, and it shows you how to clean the screen (and backplate) with a little picture, but isn't cleaning it that way a bit dangerous? I always thought you shouldn't just wipe something with a cloth, like eye glasses, because you can press dirt and dust into the screen and scratch it.

Do any of you use some sort of liquid solution? I know for my eye glasses I use eye glass liquid spray cleaner stuff, but I wouldn't use it on my tablet unless i know it's safe. (It's water and alcohol in a 3:1 ratio, with the solution containing more water than alcohol)

I really want to have my prime as clean as possible while using it, and just before I put on the protector. I get agitated when my prime is off, or on a black screen, and I see all the dust and fingerprints.
    01-17-2012 12:10 PM
    I just use a microfiber cloth. I spotted some at Autozone, which are reasonably priced; they come in a package of 3. I've been cleaning the screen of my Droid X with only a microfiber cloth for over a year, and I don't have a single hint of a scratch. I don't even use screen protectors on my phone or my Prime. I really don't think the abrasiveness of dust is an issue with a microfiber cloth. As for liquids, I really don't know. The rare times I've needed to use liquid to remove anything from my screens, I've just used water.
    01-17-2012 03:15 PM
    Microfiber FTW, Love it. Always gives my screen that "right out of the box" appearance
    Emma Moore3 likes this.
    01-17-2012 04:41 PM
    +1 for the microfiber cloth. I've just been using the one that came with the Prime and it's been working well. The thing's kind of a fingerprint magnet unfortunately (esp the back - the back of the iPad never had that problem, not that it matters much)

I love that Asus not only included a cloth with the tablet, but threw one in with the dock too!
    01-17-2012 05:25 PM
    Hello all,

I searched around the forums, and I couldn't find a thread on this, so I thought I would start one. Maybe there is one already though, and I missed it. If there is, please post a link?

Anyways, how do you all clean your screen? I guess this is more directed to those who do not have screen protectors yet, or ever.

I myself am still deciding on what screen protector to get. I think that I have decided on one, and will order it today. However, ever since I got my Prime back in December, I have been paranoid about how to clean it. I know there is that included cloth, and it shows you how to clean the screen (and backplate) with a little picture, but isn't cleaning it that way a bit dangerous? I always thought you shouldn't just wipe something with a cloth, like eye glasses, because you can press dirt and dust into the screen and scratch it.

Do any of you use some sort of liquid solution? I know for my eye glasses I use eye glass liquid spray cleaner stuff, but I wouldn't use it on my tablet unless i know it's safe. (It's water and alcohol in a 3:1 ratio, with the solution containing more water than alcohol)

I really want to have my prime as clean as possible while using it, and just before I put on the protector. I get agitated when my prime is off, or on a black screen, and I see all the dust and fingerprints.

Hello, my name is Alicia .. And wanted you to know how thankful I am you posted on a forum about this topic .. Because I myself have been wondering how to clean it. I have learned slot in the past ten seconds .. All because of your post .. I hate when I'm texting and I feel the duty on my screen .. I have only had my new Android for two Weeks now .. So thanks so much
    08-21-2012 09:41 PM
    Yes, microfiber is the way to go. But, the cloth they include has been working just fine for me. Cleans my screen as though I just took it right out of the box. I use no liquid either, and, have had no issues.

As for screen protectors. I don't use one. I have the dock with my prime. It's mostly sitting on a desk docked, so, I had no reason to bother. When I am transporting it, it's closed in the dock and protected. If it's undocked, I'm generally sitting down, or, in a car, or, just walking it over (after undocking it) to show someone something, but, then it goes right back in the dock.

A screen protector just doesn't seem like something necessary for a tablet. A phone, definitely, as, it's constantly in your pocket and on the go with you. A tablet, not so much. But, it really all depends on how you use it. If you use it in a scenario where it could be dropped a lot, a screen protector and case are probably a good idea. If you use it like I do, neither are necessary.
    08-22-2012 09:26 AM
    I usually use the microfiber cloth. However, I have also used lense wipes. They're basically like wet-naps made for cleaning glasses, camera lenses, and they're also safe for laptop screens. I've used them on my phones and tablet from time to time with no adverse effect. I'm not sure if there would be a cumulative effect of using them over the course of years or not, but so far so good.
    08-30-2012 05:48 AM
    I used scotch tape to get the oil from my fingers off, believe it or not that works
    08-04-2014 07:05 PM
    I use alcohol mixed with water ( use a rag or Q-Tip).
    What I do is I get a bow and put 6 drops of alcohol then I put a little bit of water and mix it then I take a Q-Tip or rag and dip it in the mix and put it on my screen. This works for tablets,phones,ds's and more! If you have any questions please reply your question and I will get back to you asap. Thank you for reading my way of cleaning a device!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™ˆ
    01-03-2016 11:58 PM
    Like many people here I use a microfiber cloth, sometimes an ever so slightly damp wash cloth or cotton shirt with an alcohol and water solution mix. Lastly I use this neat silicone rolling tool http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...29%26alt%3Dweb when i want to give it that brand new crystal clear look. The screens on most new phones these days are far more resistant to scratches then eyeglasses so dont worry to much.
    01-04-2016 12:18 AM
    This is awesome! Just read the comment about the scotch tape - Totally worked! Thank you!
    10-30-2016 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD