Tablet Browsers

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much use the stock browser. I have Firefox installed, but I really don't use it much. I'm waiting for Chrome to come out. Maybe this summer.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I alternate between the stock browser and Dolphin HD. The stock browser would be much better if there was an option to always bring up the "desktop site" instead of having to do the special request. If I'm always on wifi what's the point of always getting the mobile site?

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin HD needs to update their tablet version that has been in beta forever now. It's very fast and nice, but is not stable. I am very surprised that Explorer, Chrome, Firefox have not optimized a version of their browsers to really make it a better experience from stock. It seems odd that it was taken this long for them to get in the game.

sacerdos

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Besides Dolphin, I'll also use Maxthon for tablet. Sometimes different sites load better with each browser; I don't know why.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin HD as my default browser. The main reason is that I am able to sync with Xmarks all my Firefox bookmarks. I'm also using Boat, which is rather fast and smooth.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin HD as my default browser. The main reason is that I am able to sync with Xmarks all my Firefox bookmarks. I'm also using Boat, which is rather fast and smooth.

That's a good point, I think that with Dolphin HD you can sync bookmarks with other devices using Dolphin, which would be nice. But I want to sync with my desktop/laptop/VDI sessions. I use Chrome everywhere else so I always have my bookmarks with me. The stock browser seems to be related to Chrome, but it's not the same and there is no sync with Chrome. That's too bad since most of my other Google stuff syncs just fine. You'd think that Chrome would save them to your GMail account and down to the tablet/phone.

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
That's a good point, I think that with Dolphin HD you can sync bookmarks with other devices using Dolphin, which would be nice. But I want to sync with my desktop/laptop/VDI sessions. I use Chrome everywhere else so I always have my bookmarks with me. The stock browser seems to be related to Chrome, but it's not the same and there is no sync with Chrome. That's too bad since most of my other Google stuff syncs just fine. You'd think that Chrome would save them to your GMail account and down to the tablet/phone.

Thats odd because my bookmarks came over from chrome ok after the upgrade to ICS.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine did too. As long as you've log into Chrome and enabled save bookmarks, then you should have them on the default browser.

Nope. Nada here. The only bookmarks that were on my tablet were the bookmarks from my Droid 2. Those came across just fine, but nothing from Chrome on my desktop PC.

I went looking for a setting in the general settings (nothing in the TP browser), and under Personal -> Accounts and Sync under my gmail account there is an error saying that "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Not sure if that's a system error or a service eror, but I also had email sync from the ASUS email app as well that i just disabled.

The last "Sync Browser" event looks like it was the night that I picked up the TP and brought it home and did the initial config. That's when it pulled down the bookmarks from my phone browser, but before the ICS upgrade.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Also the ability to use add on's is nice on Dolphin. I use last pass for secure password management, the lass pass add on is a nice feature for me.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

vickost

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I alternate between the stock browser and Dolphin HD. The stock browser would be much better if there was an option to always bring up the "desktop site" instead of having to do the special request. If I'm always on wifi what's the point of always getting the mobile site?

The stock browser does give that option. Click on the 3 dot menu button (top right), and check "Request desktop site".

Reactions: scottysize

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Nada here. The only bookmarks that were on my tablet were the bookmarks from my Droid 2. Those came across just fine, but nothing from Chrome on my desktop PC.

I went looking for a setting in the general settings (nothing in the TP browser), and under Personal -> Accounts and Sync under my gmail account there is an error saying that "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Not sure if that's a system error or a service eror, but I also had email sync from the ASUS email app as well that i just disabled.

The last "Sync Browser" event looks like it was the night that I picked up the TP and brought it home and did the initial config. That's when it pulled down the bookmarks from my phone browser, but before the ICS upgrade.

Open Chrome on your desktop. Click on the wrench on the top right side. Go to Options. Then select Personal Stuff on the left. Click sign in and sign into your account. Click on Advanced and make sure that bookmarks is checked. Now the bookmarks that are on your desktop should show up on your tablet browser.

As far as I know, there is nothing that you need to set on your tablet as long as you are logged into Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol