Dumb Questions for New Prime Owner

rocker

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I need some help - hopefully it is easier to get here than study up on it!

1. How do I determine if I have ICS? Just got my Prime yesterday.
2. In Email, how can I select all messages in the inbox (or other directory) at one time? My phone does this, but I can't figure it out on the Prime

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Dakine1972

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome!

1. Click on the battery icon on the bottom right. Click on the Settings icon under the clock. It looks like a little gear. Click on About Tablet at the bottom. About midway down, you should see Android Version. Anything over 4 is ICS. Mine's 4.0.3

2. I'm not understanding your question here. There should be a check box to the left of the emails. If you touch each check box, the email will not open, but will highlight and the check mark will be placed on each box. If you touch the three dots in the top, you can delete them, if that's what you are looking to do.

Hope that helps.

rocker

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you are right, my question about deleting email was poorly worded.

I get lots of mail, and primarily get it on my desktop. When I open my email on my Prime it of course downloads the same mails I have already read and taken care of. What I want is like on my phone, where you can "select all" and then delete them.

Right now I have to check the box by each one, and that is a waste of time if you have 50 - 60 messages.

Hope that this clarifies my question.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need an additional app. I know that Touchdown can do this, but it's expensive. It's what I use for my corporate email. My wife is using one, but I can't remember the name of it... Anyway, I'd search the market for email apps and test them out. I think you want an app that only opens messages that haven't been read and has a select all option. I don't thin that the native app can do all of that. Sorry.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
i had some "dumb questions' of my own if anyone is willing to help.

i have never owned a tablet before and am planning on making the tf700 my first, however i do own an android phone, granted its not a dual core it isnt a lower end either. when i watch movies, or run a few apps at once my phone tends to heat up, and as im mainly using my tablet for movies i was wondering if anyone has noticed when watching movies, especially high definition 720p and up, if their tablet gets hot after watching?

and i would also like to know how the 32gb are partitioned on the tablet, how much is system memory and how much is actually usable? i do plan on putting a 32 gb card in my device, but id still like to know how much space i have on the actual tablet, thanks.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
i had some "dumb questions' of my own if anyone is willing to help.

i have never owned a tablet before and am planning on making the tf700 my first, however i do own an android phone, granted its not a dual core it isnt a lower end either. when i watch movies, or run a few apps at once my phone tends to heat up, and as im mainly using my tablet for movies i was wondering if anyone has noticed when watching movies, especially high definition 720p and up, if their tablet gets hot after watching?

and i would also like to know how the 32gb are partitioned on the tablet, how much is system memory and how much is actually usable? i do plan on putting a 32 gb card in my device, but id still like to know how much space i have on the actual tablet, thanks.

The heat is from your screen being on. LCD, plasma, and LED displays get pretty hot when running. Especially if you are running it on it's brightest setting. You can try turning the brightness down, but then you might loose your video. Some people complain about their device being broke, or overheating, but that's not usually the case. In most cases the heat is from the display being on. Yes, the Prime heats up just like all displays. It does do a good job of distributing some of the heat, though as I watch movies on mine for 6-8 hours with out getting too hot to touch in the case.

As to your second question, the partitioning is half. 16GB for "Internal" memory and 16GB for "Internal" SD Card memory. I don't know if you can change this. I haven't messed with it. If you insert an additional 32GB SD Card, this is listed as "External" SD Card and will be completely open with no partitioning.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
so the actual amount of memory i can use on the tablet out of the box is 16 gb as the other 16 is used for internal memory? thats crazy, i owuld hav eexpected 5 maybe 6 gb tops for system memory and stuff, but half seems like alot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463