do you leave your TP on when not in use?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
simple question, do you leave your TP on when you're not using it? I haven't turned mine off since powering it on for the first time, but I've noticed lately after the last update even when I'm not using it, it's draining the battery, maybe about 10% every 8 hours. so do you guys turn it off when you go to sleep, work, eat, etc?

Boscolio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine was using battery quickly as well, but I solved the problem by turning wifi off when the screen is off. Beats the hell out of me why this isn't the default (it is on my iPad). settings> wifi> click three dots in upper right> advanced> keep wifi on during sleep> choose only when plugged in or never

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
ah yea, I forgot about turning off the wifi when the screen is off. thanks!

also, somewhat of a related question, but is it a known issue that the battery usage in the settings menu doesn't report what is using the battery?

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I usually turn it off if I will be away from it for an extended period. I don't normally take it to work, so that's 8-10 hours day it doesn't need to be on. Likewise the 7 hours a night that I'm sleeping. I only have to charge 2-3 times a week, if that much.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess it was the last update caused something to drain my battery. because before that, I left it on without having to recharge it for days.

hopefully today's update fixed that!

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
is there an app or hack that will allow you to schedule wireless setting on/off times?

There's a setting to turn off wifi when the device is sleeping, that's what I'm using. There are a number of Android automation apps available in the marketplace (Tasker is a well-known one, but there are others) that will allow you to configure simple and complex behavior rules along the lines of "during this time, do this thing," "when I launch this app, do this other thing," and so forth. If you have a newer Motorola device it's along the lines of Smart Actions.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
is there an app or hack that will allow you to schedule wireless setting on/off times?

This is a very powerful app that will do this easily. There is a learning curve so just FYI be prepared to do some reading

6277cc48-3457-e51c.jpg

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech