2-17-2012 Firmware update US_epad-9.4.2.14

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't awake enough to remember to do a screenshot to take a look at the version numbers to see what exactly changed but I downloaded a firmware update for the Prime today. So far I can't find any changes or issues.

HaveADay

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded it as well. Now showing the following versions:

Android Version: 4.0.3
GPS Version : V6.9.13
Wi-Fi Version: V6.1.1.18
Bluetooth Version: V9.26
Build number: IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.14-20120214

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it as well. FYI it breaks root, but it is easily restored with voodoo's ota rootkeeper.

The only problem I had with the .13 update was battery life. Time will tell if that improved.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The only numbers that changed since the last update are the Kernel version and Build number. I was hoping the GPS version would change since I lost GPS functionality with the last update on 2/9. Still no GPS for me but I am at work and will have to try it outside later before know for sure.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So weird that GPS failed for some on last update, but not all. I still have GPS after the previous update. We'll see if today's does anything. On a plus, my YouTube is back in working order!

Xiphias

May 17, 2010
Visit site
does it make the battery usage meter work, so we can see which apps are draining the battery? that would be nice.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
hmm my install is failing.
it downloads ok and reboots to install but I get a red exclimation point when the update flashes.
when I reboot, i'm fine but still on the previous version
if i try to re-download and flash again, same issue,
I've unrooted and done a factory reset, same problem.
anyone have any ideas on this one?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
nevermind, fixed it
if you go crazy uninstalling apps with titanium the install will fail
i used a thread over on XDA to re install the .13 update in full and then .14 took

Reactions: Jonneh

deltatux

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it might be the graphics driver update we have been waiting for. YouTube and task switcher has been fixed.

Battery also seem to not drain as fast which is always good.

deltatux

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Great... now if only they'd release the WW version so people outside the US can update. Haven't yet released even .13 for these guys. I can't see the US and Canadian-distributed units, for example (I live in Canada and my unit seems to be a WW one) being any different, so I wonder why they get different firmware? I can understand units in the UK or elsewhere might have some differences (different WiFi frequencies apparently? I don't actually know...)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Please post rollback instructions. Tablet was fine before the update. Now it reboots randomly every two or three minutes. Useless...

Install any version (ICS, Honeycomb, change SKUs) to your Transformer Prime - xda-developers

I used that to get back to stock and take the .14 OTA but it should also work for you
just make sure you grab the .13 update from the ASUS site
before doing any of that though i would suggest doing a factory reset just to be sure that doesn't fix it, especially since the above method will wipe the device anyway

EDIT: read that thread very carefully, you don't want to screw up something and have a brick.

TCM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
My idle battery life has been much better and the tablet is back to being as responsive as it was pre .13 update.

mforward

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated yesterday and am definitely seeing improved battery life. Also it did NOT break my root. I'm still able to use SetCPU and TBU just as always.

Jason100

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Please post rollback instructions. Tablet was fine before the update. Now it reboots randomly every two or three minutes. Useless...

I was not experiencing any issues before the update either. Now the tablet is essentially useless as mine also now will freeze and reboot every couple of minutes since version number 9.4.2.14 was run.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! I am not sure what can be done at this point..

nneul

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
9.4.2.14 appears to restore the cpu speeds that were lost with 9.4.2.13. CPU Spy is reporting usage in a wide range of speeds including 102 Mhz and above 1200 Mhz. 102 Mhz was not getting used at ALL with 9.4.2.13. This should significantly help battery life.

The "Unused CPU states" on mine now only lists 1600, 1500, and Deep Sleep, though I imagine the latter will go away soon.

Edit: Deep Sleep went away obviously. 1500, 1600 still unused even after running glowball and running passmark benchmark.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX