Want to like it, but... help!

analogmonkey

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I want to like it, but:

1. Why can't I use my Apple keyboard? I don't want to buy a new keyboard. Tried Bluekeyboard JP (keeps ending up "Disconnected") and Bluetooth Keyboard Easy Connect. No luck at all. I could buy a new keyboard, but I know I won't. Is this just not going to work?

2. Why is PDF reading so jerky? I want something that renders these pages more quickly.

This is so frustrating. So many cores, but so many problems :(

analogmonkey

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's an issue with the apple keyboard and android devices.

thanks. i have regretfully come to that conclusion as well. there seems to be no way around it yet with ics. oh well. i have a new keyboard on the way.

as for the reading, ezpdfreader is pretty nice, and i think i will be using that. my experience with the tablet is improving.

i don't like the weak wifi reception, the random restarts, or the flickering (apparently a hard reset solves that), but even with these annoyances, i find i am enjoying it a lot. this might turn out to be better for me than the ipad was :)

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
2. Why is PDF reading so jerky? I want something that renders these pages more quickly.

That's a software issue, not a TP issue. I noticed the same thing with the default PDF reading software (MyLibrary, I think it's called). But I noticed that some pages were smoother than others, so after launching a document I started waiting a few seconds before going all page-turning-crazy and it was much smoother. I think that it just needs to load the entire document, and for some reason that takes longer with this app, but once it's "fully loaded" it seems to be fine.

I also tried the official Adobe Reader program (available from the Market) and didn't have performance issues with that. I did have issues with both applications, however. I can't recall which, but one of the applications doesn't prevent the tablet from sleeping, so if you're reading a page with a lot of text the screen will go dim as a prelude to sleeping before you are ready to turn the page. This results in a lot of excessive tapping of the screen. The other application doesn't do that, but when you DO let the tablet sleep (hitting the power button, or switching out to another app temporarily) it doesn't save your place in the PDF document. So if you're reading a 300 page technical document then you have to scroll through it to find where you left off.

Anyone have a better app for PDFs that does both of these things right?