2.6.39.4 update

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
So I have been having issues with my prime freezing up at random on a regular basis and I keep reading how other people think their tablet works great with no problems. Last night I noticed another update available 2.6.39.4 so I made sure I had root backed up with voodoo and downloaded. Finally my tab is running the way I expected it should out of the box :)
So I just wanted to find out if I am in the minority or did other people have the same issues and now find this new update transformed their transformer also?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Point is it is running like a scalded dog now. I would like to say my wifi signal has improved but I have a sneaky suspicion they pulled the old Apple "change the GUI to make the signal looked better than it is" routine :D

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
It is the one below that one. You have the 9.4.2.15 update already. I updated straight to .15 after ICS loaded, so I have had nothing but great admiration of this piece of technology.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It is the one below that one. You have the 9.4.2.15 update already. I updated straight to .15 after ICS loaded, so I have had nothing but great admiration of this piece of technology.

Wow this is my third maybe fourth (Lost count, mine came with honeycomb) update, until now I was less than pleased with the performance of my Prime but was hoping that since the hardware specs where so awesome that the rest would be sorted out via software updates later on. Looks like that gamble paid off.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping that with the delay in receiving mine, would equate to getting one fresh off the line with all fixes applied. I have no issues except I can't sleep because I can't force myself to put it down.:D

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping that with the delay in receiving mine, would equate to getting one fresh off the line with all fixes applied. I have no issues except I can't sleep because I can't force myself to put it down.:D

I'm there with you :D

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It always seems to take a few months for any Android device to get stable after launch. This device doesn't seem to be any different. Asus just seems to like to do frequent small updates rather than holding off until they fix everything.

I'm ok with that. My prime is rock solid.

SQurel23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Prime for about a week now and I just had my first instance of a poor wifi connection. At school my Xoom and phone show a Solid connection but my Prime could barely connect for most of the day. Its strange because I was in the same room last week and the signal was decent.

Otherwise, the overall performance has been amazing, especially compared to my Xoom which was running ICS.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Prime for about a week now and I just had my first instance of a poor wifi connection. At school my Xoom and phone show a Solid connection but my Prime could barely connect for most of the day. Its strange because I was in the same room last week and the signal was decent.

Otherwise, the overall performance has been amazing, especially compared to my Xoom which was running ICS.

This is my 2nd prime. The first was a 32gb grey but the wifi was horrible but the speaker worked pretty good. It wasn't the loudest but I could hear easily. This one the wifi works much better but the speaker is unusable. I can barely hear anything at all through it. I love the tablet but quality control is not one of Asus strong points.