No new market?

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I got it about an hour after the announcement on both my Prime and EVO3D. If you haven't gotten it, then clearing data and force closing on each Market app running will force it to update. Note that it may take a few times of opening and closing Android Market before it loads Play Store. The other Google Apps just loaded by themselves under normal updates or by pulling them up in the Market and tapping "Update".

skycross

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I got it as soon as I opened the market. Got a message that there was an update and then explanation of the new name. My gf hasnt gotten it yet on her samsung tab though so who knows.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Got the update, but the name didn't change, just the icon. It's still listed at Market on my Prime. It's also still listed as Market on my Stock Razr, but when I ran a ROM yesterday, it was listed as Play and Market didn't work. I'm thinking that it's still Market if you're stock, but that's just a guess.

Last edited:

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Got the update, but the name didn't change, just the icon. It's still listed at Market on my Prime. It's also still listed as Market on my Stock Razr, but when I ran a ROM yesterday, it was listed as Play and Market didn't work. I'm thinking that it's still Market if you're stock, but that's just a guess.

Same here, the version number is correct which is weird.

I know all Motorola devises had issues with the new market, there is a new version that can be downloaded to fix the issue though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12