Media sharing app across home network?

selwahr00

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for an app for my TP that allows for music and specifically videos (my DVD library I have ripped to my home computer) to stream across to my TP. I am looking for sometime simple similar to the AllShare that comes with Samsung phones (I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 also.

I have found a few but either they don't see networks or they don't stream the file types I have. (AVI, MPG, MP4)

Any recommendations?

Thx

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
i just started messing with the remote potato app last night and it seems to work well.

i'm using the remote potato server on my wmc7 pc and the remote media center app on my transformer prime to connect to remote potato and then MX player to actually play videos. i was able to stream recorded tv from my pc and schedule recordings with my hd homerun prime through the transformer prime with no issues.

remote potato also lets you access your wmc7 pc from the internet as well but i havnt tested that out yet. i havnt actually tried to stream anything else other than recorded tv but i know the options exist within remote potato to share music/picture libraries etc.

selwahr00

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Frankles. I was actually looking to see if there was anything that could be done without installing any additional software on my home PCs. When I use the Samsung Allshare app it just recognized everything and could stream almost anything to my phone. Just wondering if there is a similar, easy app like that for the TP/tablet.

Thx

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Might want to look at twonky if your computer can double as a dlna source using something like media center.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

aztechman

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Their is a free one called Rock Player Lite, this does allsorts of formats across a LAN.

I am currently running a XP box with a free version of serviio media server, this works with my xbox and panasonic blu ray.

I can stream films from this to my eepad BUT the Rock Player Lite becomes default player and I cannot change it :( .

Anyone know how toi change default player as it is greyed in the apps settings.

Another player I tried is the MOBO Player which is OK.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Bump for mac ..tvmobili is not mac supported and I would love to hear APP opinions about how to link Macbook air, samsung smart tv w. google box and my GS3