Camera issue

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! Did you call them? What'd they say?

For the record, mine came back relatively quickly based on what I'd heard - 2 weeks from when I sent it out to when I got it back.

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Im still waiting for a rma number from Asus. It seems ever email is answered in a week or so, and not the 48 hours they advertised.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Autumnal day turn around my profile is back and this working order.
I'm happy.
Rick

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

bettiboo44

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asus Transformer Prime Rear Camera issue

Is your camera still working since you had it fixed? I also had the green screen on my rear camera... and just tried the "pinching remedy" I read about, and it worked. I believe this is a temporary remedy, not fixing the faulty camera for the long haul, must be something loose somewhere... but for now it is working. I was going to send my tablet in for repair, got an RMA and everything, but they told me my tablet was out of warranty - by a couple months) and it was going to cost me to send it back ($18) and for the repair. And they couldn't tell me how much the repair would be until they received my tablet (nice way to hold my tablet hostage until I pay the repair bill, huh?) It was a very frustrating experience talking with ASUS. This is a known issue with these tablets (I have seen comments all over the place in multiple forums), and sorry to say they are using every game and excuse in the book hoping that you give up. Well, if this is the case with them (after purchasing two ASUS laptops, desktop, and tablet), they will lose me as a loyal customer. I'm waiting for a reply to an escalation email I sent them... so we will see.

skip2myloo

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

I too have been experiencing the green screen of death on the front camera. Since my Prime is one year old this month, I'm going to try to tough it out till the next software update and see if it gets fixed. The 8mp camera is okay, but I still like my Nikon better and I'd hate to do without my Prime while it's being fixed...

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Yup, add me to the list. Bought mine March '12, so I'm outta luck. It's gonna make it's resale value fall by a lot though :(

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

The green camera issue is due to a bad camera module. An update will not be able to fix this, unfortunately. I would call in to get an RMA to fix it before your warranty runs out.

I too have been experiencing the green screen of death on the front camera. Since my Prime is one year old this month, I'm going to try to tough it out till the next software update and see if it gets fixed. The 8mp camera is okay, but I still like my Nikon better and I'd hate to do without my Prime while it's being fixed...

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

The green camera issue is due to a bad camera module. An update will not be able to fix this, unfortunately. I would call in to get an RMA to fix it before your warranty runs out.
Good idea. For people on your warranty, RMA ASAP.

colemas

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had my TF201 well over a year now and I got the green screen yesterday on my rear facing camera. :( I do use it now and then to take shots of my work, so it's a bit of a bummer.

Anyone not under warranty have this fixed? What did you have to pay?
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

Sent from an Android device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1