Prime 64gb question

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a good friend of mine that wants to trade me a 64gb prime for my RAZR maxx. I'm getting the s3 on Tuesday. I currently have a galaxy tab 7.0 plus. How do you guys like the prime and is it worth trading my maxx for it? Thanks for all responses.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would say yes.
The 64gb Transformer Prime retails for $599 new and still sells for around $500 used. I am not sure what you could sell the Razr Maxx for, but I love my Prime.
Some people have had wifi issues, but my does ok. I still wish ASUS would get the OS more stable, but I moved on to flashing other ROMS on mine.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my Prime. I do experience random hangups (really only when browsing, I guess I should check out some other browsers, but, I like the stock one a lot).

WiFi strength is not the greatest, but, I haven't really experienced the slow browsing, just generally only 2/4 bars.

Bluetooth tethering gives me issues. It does not like to stay connected all the time, and, once it stops working, it's a reboot to fix it (hopefully).

I don't use it's GPS, but, I do keep the dongle in the case with my Prime, just in case. I mean, it would be nice if it worked better since it's something I paid for, but, I'm not too bent out of shape over it.

Other than those issues, it was a great investment. I use it constantly. The dock is a great selling point too. It's what initially made me investigate the Prime. And, now I don't think I could own a tablet without one.

Sounds like a decent trade. Like dbattenfl said, see what the prices are like, if they are comparable, and, you have no need for two phones, then go for it. Then again, you don't really need two tablets. I guess you could trade that to someone else. :p Or, use it as a dedicated device. I was reading an article on that the other day, things to use your old tablets for. I could see a lot of use for an old tablet in the kitchen.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, while you might think about getting the TF700 (Transformer pad infinity) for the added resolution, the resolution on this thing is good enough that you really wouldn't notice a difference. (1900 x 1200 vs 1280 x 800).

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I assume that you don't need two phones. Do you need two tablets? Does the prime come with a dock? I think that's the biggest difference-maker in the decision. The prime will be more or less a larger version of the Nexus 7 with the option of using a keyboard dock (which is very handy to have). I have the dock and leave it attached most of the time. It's like having a much thinner, lighter, faster version of a netbook with a touchscreen and insane battery life. :)

kdfowlkes

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Since I own both prime/and maxx flexbility goes to the prime speed and battery go to the maxx (4g) docking the prime extended bat life. comparisons don't equate when you consider usb &hdmi connectivity.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You think your RAZR is faster than your Prime? Prime has a faster CPU, so, that'd kinda be surprising. I would think there speeds would be about the same.

What do you mean USB and HDMI connectivity? They both have micro HDMI. But, the full size USB on the Prime is very nice and unusual on an Android device.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
well, i got my s3 today, and my buddy came down with what i thought was just the prime, turns out, he gave me the prime, a thunderbolt 4g, and an archos 5 internet tablet(really small), all for my razr maxx. i think i made out decent on the trade. oh, the thunderbolt came with a few extras. the prime didn't come with the dock, but i plan on getting one.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is some deal. He must have been desperate for that MAXX. Sounds like you made out on that one really well. Two tablets and a phone for your phone? What are you going to do now that you have three tablets and two phones? :p

Yes, I would highly suggest the dock. Sell that Thunderbolt and get one, lol. Not like you really need it.

What do you think of the Prime so far?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that is some deal. He must have been desperate for that MAXX. Sounds like you made out on that one really well. Two tablets and a phone for your phone? What are you going to do now that you have three tablets and two phones? :p

Yes, I would highly suggest the dock. Sell that Thunderbolt and get one, lol. Not like you really need it.

What do you think of the Prime so far?

So far I love the prime. It's leaps and bounds ahead of my tab 7.0 plus. Do to the size I see it as my at home device, my tab fits in my pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I would think so. I looked at the Samsung line of tablets when I was trying to figure out which one I wanted to get, and, wasn't super impressed with the reviews. Which is surprising, since I generally think Samsung is a great manufacturer.

I take my Prime to work and find that it's extremely useful there. But, it's a desk job, so, it's sorta like having a netbook. Great for getting around site blocking though, lol.

Really? You fit a seven inch tablet in your pocket? How big are your pockets. Lol. :p

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I would think so. I looked at the Samsung line of tablets when I was trying to figure out which one I wanted to get, and, wasn't super impressed with the reviews. Which is surprising, since I generally think Samsung is a great manufacturer.

I take my Prime to work and find that it's extremely useful there. But, it's a desk job, so, it's sorta like having a netbook. Great for getting around site blocking though, lol.

Really? You fit a seven inch tablet in your pocket? How big are your pockets. Lol. :p

Back pocket...lol...front pocket is for my 4.8 inch S3...lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you must have some huge back pockets. :p I could see you fitting a phone of that size in your front pockets, but, a tablet in the back ones. That's crazy.