Bricked Prime finally fixed

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I am posting this just in case anyone else found themselves in my position. I rooted my prime and used CWM 5.4.0.4 I was soft bricked but had a working fastboot and CWM. None of my backups or custom roms would boot and I would get hung up at the splash screen. Finally after some help from some XDA members I still found myself in the same position so I decided to flash CWM 5.8.2.0 via fastboot. I triple wiped and flashed EOS J.B. #24 and I now have a super fast Prime running Jellybean :D
Basically CWM 5.4.0.4 was the problem and flashing CWM 5.8.2.0 through fastboot fixed the issue. Hope this helps if someone else finds themselves in my position.

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's a great and detailed story. Thanks so much for sharing it!!

I'm so jealous of you having JB. Thankfully we'll be getting it eventually. :D

Why did you decide to go with 5.4.0.4 instead of 5.8.2.0 in the first place. Just curious if there was a reason.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It was back when the prime first came out and Asus just put out the unlock tool. That was the only CWM available at the time.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, okay, I should have assumed. :p Well, still, I appreciate you sharing that story. Hopefully that'll help someone in the future.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh, okay, I should have assumed. :p Well, still, I appreciate you sharing that story. Hopefully that'll help someone in the future.

I posted this on XDA also. On the first day one guy posted it fixed his prime so there are more out there they just need the info. After he posted that it helped him I came here. I hated that feeling of looking over at my night stand and seeing that $700.00 paper weight just lying there!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, I gotcha. Yea, I mean, that is really an expensive paperweight. :p I'm glad that you came here and posted the story. :D Hopefully thanks to you, no one else will have to have that feeling of looking over at their nightstand at their expensive paperweight. :p

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't flashed many roms on my prime yet but I'm using twrp and haven't had any problems with it yet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My Prime is still stock. And, while it's under warranty, I wont be flashing anything unofficial. I don't want to have to deal with it if I have anymore need to cash in on that warranty. I want it to be a pain free experience. When it died and wouldn't turn on, I was heart broken, lol. :'(

"Have you flashed a ROM onto your Prime?"
"No."
"Okay, well, we'll take care of that warranty work for you."

That's how I want any future conversation with Asus to go. That's how the last warranty issue was handled, and, they took care of it, few questions asked. Actually, they only asked me to try one more thing out before I sent it in, since I did all the standard troubleshooting on my own.

That isn't to say that if I want to once that one year is up, I wont. I have no experience with custom ROMs, but, as soon as I get my new X2 under Verizon's TEC (and subsequently cancel it), that bad boy is going to be my new experimental toy. Just gotta stop procrastinating and get in touch with Verizon. I gotta do that ASAP so I can root finally, lol. :p

Mat Dsouza

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have an ASUS Transformer Prime TF201, i did a wipe data/factory reset, and it was rooted. but after that is just comes to splash screen, with the Asus Logo and NVIDIA Tegra graphics on the right bottom. In the win 7 device manager it shows APX with an ! mark, so i pointed to the Naked Drivers 0.72 and now under device manager it shows as Asus Transformer Prime APX insterface. I cannot use ADB nor Fastboot, cause both of them does not show devices with the ADB Devices command.
Is this now only a paper weight ? or do i have any way to get it back.

ACariola

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem as Mat.
I am using Windows NT but it recognises the Pad but nothing else.

I used Easy Flasher to try to flash a new ROM but get the following.
Easy Flasher windows shows

>Extracting blob archive..
>Blob extracted!
>Blob size 537604.973632813kb
Running Wheelie..
>Tablet is now ready for Nvflash
>Extracting from blob...
>Cleaning up before flashing...
>Checking file sizes
>SOS size 6038.25kb
>APP size 524288kb
>EBT size 1522.0595703125kb
>LNX size 5244.25kb
Done!

The CMD line screen seems to get to Partition 4 before finishing.

However though it says "Done" no change to the tablet operation. Still just shows Asus and Nvidia logos.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan