Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
They are talking about this over on XDA, but it seems Best Buy is being pretty lenient on exchanges because of the GPS/Wi-Fi strength issues. Has anyone here exchanged theirs? Apparently they are replacing Primes with the TF-700 the Infinty.

Reactions: DWS44

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That would be pretty damn cool. Although I assume you will have had to have actually bought the Prime from them, huh? :-\

poopie35

May 24, 2012
Visit site
@ noordzy77 please tell me this is TRUE because i will run there tommorrow for an exchange , i purchased mine from best buy and would love the upgrade

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link to this? Is this only for recent purchases? I bought my Prime in late January from Best Buy, so I'm well past the 60 day return window (for Premier Silver customers) but if I could swap it for a TF700 that would be sweet!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
GIANT THANKS to the OP. Stumbled on this post and went hunting for info and found the post @ XDA. I bought mine in early February with the replacement plan (ADH). Packed mine up last night in original packaging, w/ original receipt, and hit the BestBuy near my office about an hour ago.

Took it to Customer Service and nicely explained the poor WiFi/GPS issues. Explained that I'd heard they might be able to replace it as a Manufacturer's defect and that it had been replaced by ASUS with a newer model that fixed the issues. The lady's first statement was that they would probably only be able to ship it off for service, but after punching a bunch of stuff in her computer, she determined that they "no longer send this model off" and that she could give me a store credit to replace it if I wanted. She looked up the Infinity, confirmed it was same price but none in stock, and ordered me one on the spot! Even gave me a pro-rated refund on the ADH...Jackpot! Infinity should be here 8/13!

All said, probably took 10 minutes total. I've always had good luck with BestBuy and enjoyed shopping there...and certainly glad I held on to buy the Prime (r.i.p) from them earlier this year!

Also...here is a giant post @ XDA with LOTS of stories, suggestions, news, etc. on this: Best Buy Exchanged my Prime for an Infinity - xda-developers

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezduzit

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the keyboard dock for the Prime compatible with the Infinity? I'd hate to be stuck with a useless dock and having to buy another one.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
just got home from BB... My Infinity should be here by Friday :).... now I just have 3 days of tablet disconnect to get through..... i used that thing so much!!!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is the keyboard dock for the Prime compatible with the Infinity? I'd hate to be stuck with a useless dock and having to buy another one.

Yes, it is compatible with the Infinity tablet.

"The Infinity is compatible with the Transformer Dock ($149) from the TF Prime as long as your dock has firmware 207 or later on it." (that's from the anandtech review; checked it just make sure before telling you it would work).

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is compatible with the Infinity tablet.

"The Infinity is compatible with the Transformer Dock ($149) from the TF Prime as long as your dock has firmware 207 or later on it." (that's from the anandtech review; checked it just make sure before telling you it would work).

No personal experience with this yet, but I saw one post in the XDA thread where it was noted that as soon as they attached their Prime dock to the Infinity for the first time, the Infinity automatically downloaded a firmware update for the dock.

malicefox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Tried this today and bb wanted to charge me an extra 100 bux because i had my prime pricematched. They said i owed the difference. Lame...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

j8lacy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i wonder if you can do this through the company Asus? im pretty sure best buy wouldnt be doing this if asus wasnt funding them which means we "should" be able to do this exchange through asus themselves idk if will work has anyone tried?

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried this today and bb wanted to charge me an extra 100 bux because i had my prime pricematched. They said i owed the difference. Lame...

If you did pricematch it to get $100 off, then I don't see what's "lame" about this. You bought your prime at a discount, and then you're paying only $100 to upgrade to the newer, more expensive version of the tablet? I'm shocked that they're switching them out at all, why should they have to take an additional loss on top of that? Fair is fair, and getting them swapped is more than fair.

i wonder if you can do this through the company Asus? im pretty sure best buy wouldnt be doing this if asus wasnt funding them which means we "should" be able to do this exchange through asus themselves idk if will work has anyone tried?

I'd love to see that, but since they sent out free dongles to registered owners I'm pretty sure that's their fix.

erick0423

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

I have bought mine online store and have price match for 100$, when I return it they did not ask for it, did u buy yours at ur local bestbuy? Try different store good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Djaudicy

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me!! Just walked up stated that I have always had problems with my wifi even bought a new router and I could still only go about 1 1/2 rooms away before I wifi dropped. Then the last straw was the gps I tried this weekend.... Ten minutes later had store credit for the infinity ordered it and dinner is done. Not sure how long they will do this though so I would act fast. The Prime is so awsome but hey a free bump up Im sure most of you will agree is worth the try.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Those of you who have exchanged, did you just go to the customer service desk and they knew what you were talking about?

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Just surfed over to Gamestop .com I bought mine at a store location. See their selling the 700 now. I may attempt an exchange there and let you know what's up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01