Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
They should be able to look it up for you...and the length of time you've had it shouldn't be an issue since it had a one-year warranty. Mine was seven months old when they took it back last week.

So what would be the best way to go about talking to customer service? Should I explicitly say that I want to exchange it for an infinity? Or do I just mention it's having wifi and GPS problems, and the "dongle" isn't fixing the issues, and I'd like to do an exchange? (Which, as I have heard, will lead to them giving people an infinity.)

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So what would be the best way to go about talking to customer service? Should I explicitly say that I want to exchange it for an infinity? Or do I just mention it's having wifi and GPS problems, and the "dongle" isn't fixing the issues, and I'd like to do an exchange? (Which, as I have heard, will lead to them giving people an infinity.)

When I did it I just said I wanted an exchange. They said go pick out anything and I told them I wanted the infinity. Easy peasy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
All I have to say is the I HATE YOU ALL!!!! :p I'm not unhappy with my Prime, but you can't beat getting a newer device. I will enjoy mine until I pass it on to my child and buy my wife and I new tablets. Congrats to all that are able to exchange them.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Wondering if I can trade mine in for an infinity, but I do not have the receipt anymore as it was a Christmas present.

Anyone have this same dilemma? Do they require a receipt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if I can trade mine in for an infinity, but I do not have the receipt anymore as it was a Christmas present.

Anyone have this same dilemma? Do they require a receipt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I exchanged my wife's prime without a receipt. They did a "no receipt" exchange.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Have we determined whether or not we can exchange the prime for store credit? Also, how does financing come into play? When I got the prime, i chose to do 18 month financing, so I have only paid for 8th months. If they do in fact do store credit, would they just give me what I've paid on a gift card or something?

Only reason I'm asking is because I am going to get my mother an iPad for her birthday this week, and want to know if I will get any of the money back I have paid these 8 months.

Don't fear though, I'm not going towards apple entirely! I'll be getting myself an infinity in a few weeks or so! :)

port67

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Have we determined whether or not we can exchange the prime for store credit? Also, how does financing come into play? When I got the prime, i chose to do 18 month financing, so I have only paid for 8th months. If they do in fact do store credit, would they just give me what I've paid on a gift card or something?

Only reason I'm asking is because I am going to get my mother an iPad for her birthday this week, and want to know if I will get any of the money back I have paid these 8 months.

Don't fear though, I'm not going towards apple entirely! I'll be getting myself an infinity in a few weeks or so! :)

My best guess would be you will get credit for the full amount of the prime, and you would continue paying your 18 month credit as normal since it is a store credit not a refund.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Going in to my store in Tucson, AZ in an hour. I am going to tell them my issues, and am going to ask for store credit. Will update with info!

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Getting mine ready to try the swap tomorrow. Does anyone know if the grey TF700 is the same shade of grey as the TF201? It would be nice if the keyboard dock that I have matched the tablet.

As far as needing receipts goes, I assume that the pickup slip from the web site would be sufficient?

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Getting mine ready to try the swap tomorrow. Does anyone know if the grey TF700 is the same shade of grey as the TF201? It would be nice if the keyboard dock that I have matched the tablet.

As far as needing receipts goes, I assume that the pickup slip from the web site would be sufficient?

It's the same color and they can look up the receipt if needed on their computer if you used your credit card or gave them your info when you bought it.

dvdbabcock

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
i bought mine from amazon.com, if i bring it in to a bestbuy and have the purchase receipt\confirmation and date of purchase will they take it and trade it in or do i have to have bought it from bestbuy

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i bought mine from amazon.com, if i bring it in to a bestbuy and have the purchase receipt\confirmation and date of purchase will they take it and trade it in or do i have to have bought it from bestbuy

Why don't you try talking Amazon first. They might take it back.

ac110

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got to an agreeable Geek repair person in a NJ store and after he checked to see if the wifi could be repaired he convinced the manager to do the exchange. Infinity should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have the receipt, could they look under the credit card you used, or the account you used if you ordered it online?

Most stores I shop at now can do returns without needing a receipt, and, they should be able to look it up using your credit card. I don't even keep receipts anymore for most things. And, some stores now you can even access your receipts online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon