Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

Pandawg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried more than one BB?

Yup. I tried the two in the city I live in. One of them actually said that someone tried to exchange theirs yesterday, and that they can't because it's the manufacturer's responsibility, and they can only exchange the tablet if there is a recall.

Yeah, sounds like some jerks at a BB who don't want to give you a new one.

Probably. I have had a lot of horrible experiences at BB.

Schafudd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Update....

Went in sans-tablet and tlaked to the service desk. Explained that i had a Prime purchased in january that had been replaced by them once and by Asus twice. I told her I was still having problems and that Asus said the only way i could get a new tablet would be to talk to the retailer I bought it at because they don't offer product replacements. She said that Asus is one of the only manufacturers that BestBuy covers manufacturers warrenties. She told me she was 99% sure if i brought my tablet in the system would accept it. So I ran home factory re-set it and brought it in. She asked me what the issues were and I said "Intermittent crashes and the GPS is non-functional" the computer system accepted the return and now i have an Infinity.
It was super painless, i went with "intermittent crashes" because it's something that can't relly be proved if they make me boot it up. BestBuy rules!

Good luck to other Prime owners who want to do it, it was simple for me.

yellohj

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I did this in Manassas, VA BB and they took the return. I had to have the new one shipped because they didn't have any 64GB models in store. They processed the return and gave me a gift card, and then we used the gift card at BB.com site to order the infinity. It will be here tomorrow. I had receipt and could have gotten a full refund, but since I was ordering a new one it was easier to do gift card.

Good luck to those remaining. Claim Manufacturer Defect. Explain the GPS issue and the GPS dongle that ASUS provided to correct the problem, but unusable with the docking station at same time since it uses the same connector. That was my reason and it worked- no geek squad involvement- what could they say anyway -there is no alternative with the both dongle and the dock.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Problem when I tried this is that they said it's been passed the 30 day return window, and I have to deal directly with ASUS.

I'd try again at another store, or wait until there is a different employee working the counter and try again.

She said that Asus is one of the only manufacturers that BestBuy covers manufacturers warrenties. She told me she was 99% sure if i brought my tablet in the system would accept it.

This is a key piece of information that you should have. Whoever is working the counter probably didn't know that they cover the manufacturer's warranty, and just assumed that after 30 days you're SOL like you would be with most of their products. If they tell you no, ask them to look into it. I find it impossible to believe that thousands of people around the country have been able to return their Prime's to Best Buy LONG after the 30 day (60 day if you're Silver) return window if there were not some official policy permitting it.

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
ok guys I`m ready to exchange mine today to bb wish me luck, I just need to know before I wipe it out, how do I save my apps ? thanks in advance

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, just got the infinity for exchanged that was easy , now setting it up,reinstalling apps then I`ll update to JB. Sux I have to order new Skinomi carbon fiber overlay and my gumdrop cover wont work because of the new proprietary controls or volume rocker. But its all good as long as my wifi/gps is better.;)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that is a pain, but, I'm sure you'll be quite happy with your new Infinity. Don't forget to come back from time to time and visit us on the Prime forums, lol. :p

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm still here on the prime forum, since everyone's been helpfully here :)

Now my issue is, where's the lock screen on the bottom? Infinity dont have one? I updated to JB already. My old Prime had it even after jB update. Hmmmmm?

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
no your correct, you answerd my question I can donwload them again, thank you!!

One thing I do like is that once the TF700 (or other new device) is associated with your Google account, you can go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://play.google.com/store&token=k6o1oW2Y and see all of the applications that you have associated with that account, sorted by device. You can browse through all of those apps, click the install button, and then push them to whatever device you want it installed on. I find that I'm much faster reinstalling all of my apps this way than I am finding them in the store one my one from the tablet/phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
One thing I do like is that once the TF700 (or other new device) is associated with your Google account, you can go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://play.google.com/store&token=WMVeo82X and see all of the applications that you have associated with that account, sorted by device. You can browse through all of those apps, click the install button, and then push them to whatever device you want it installed on. I find that I'm much faster reinstalling all of my apps this way than I am finding them in the store one my one from the tablet/phone.

Yea, it definitely makes things faster. But, still have to redo any amazon or third party apps VIA the device.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
One thing I do like is that once the TF700 (or other new device) is associated with your Google account, you can go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://play.google.com/store&token=dUrnmhZT and see all of the applications that you have associated with that account, sorted by device. You can browse through all of those apps, click the install button, and then push them to whatever device you want it installed on. I find that I'm much faster reinstalling all of my apps this way than I am finding them in the store one my one from the tablet/phone.

I agree! wayyyyy easier thx!!

Burt Reynolds

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Tried this today in Portland, OR. Told the service rep the same spiel, he actually tried to exchange it, but the system wouldn't let him. He showed me the screen that said "past return date". Any suggestions? Or has Best Buy had a change of heart?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Should you not be passed the date when you can return it? If you shouldn't, ask to speak to a manager.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried this today in Portland, OR. Told the service rep the same spiel, he actually tried to exchange it, but the system wouldn't let him. He showed me the screen that said "past return date". Any suggestions? Or has Best Buy had a change of heart?

Don't try a "store return", ask for a "warranty exchange". My understanding is that BB services the warranties on the Primes that they sell, so even after the 30 days (60 if you are RW Silver) exchange period you can still swap it out. The overwhelming majority of us who have exchanged it for a TF700 have done so after the 30 days were up. I did mine after about 6 months!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12