Disconnect Network During Sleep

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
There is an option in the Asus Customized Settings which allowes network connectivity to be turned off when the tablet is off. I have tried using this several times because it really conserves the battery. I can leave the tablet in "sleep" mode for probably a week or more without charging it.

However, not having this feature turned-on results in the Prime dying after 2 days even when in sleep mode.

The problem with this feature, which I am interested to know if anyone else has experienced it, is that when the Prime re-enables network conenctivity when the screen is turned on, the tablet behaves extremely sluggish, frequently displaying Force Close boxes and not responding to touch input for several seconds at a time. And it's not a temporary phenomenon. The sluggish performance will usually on clear up entirely if I reboot. Then it runs great.

I have also noticed that also having the Google Play store to auto-update apps makes it even worse, as the Prime is already sluggish to begin with, and it's also updating multiple apps. I disabled the auto-update feature, but it doesn't solve the issue.

Has anyone else used this battery-saving feature and found any tweaks to get it to perform better? At this point I had to disable it simply because It's was infuriating to experience the tremendous lag until a reboot.

I must say that brother was in-town recently and I used his iPad2 briefly and it was refreshing how quick and responsive everything was, even a second after turning the screen on. I'm not really a big Apple fan, but I must say that in my experience the Prime has been nowhere near as close responsive in my use over the past 5 months.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Never experienced either of these issues. My Prime has hangups mostly in browser, other than that, it runs pretty smoothly.

Was it always happening, or, did it just start happening? Maybe a reset is in order. Or, do you have the latest update for your Prime?

Also, I think when we get JB we are going to see the Prime running a whole lot smoother.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
It has always been inconsistent. It did get better during after the last update. After a reboot it runs great. However after in standby for a time it will run crappy... always showing a Wait/Close box.. stuttering... and pausing.

Then a reboot cures it. Its clearly some sort of software memory bug or something.

The app that shows the biggest sluggishness is Gmail during this issue. Its very frustrating!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Was it happening right out of the box? If not, you could always try a factory reset if you haven't done too much customization and that wouldn't be a hassle.

Or, is it possible that you installed an app that is causing this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12