Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm unrooted and having the failure

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Oh noes Val!! Is it saying to check your notification area, but, it's not there? That happened to me for about an hour, then, it randomly started downloading. I'm installing now!! Almost done!! Woot!! :D Hope you get it fixed soon buddy.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Got mine installed this morning and it seems like it fixed my issues I was having with my Prime. I really didn't have too much time to play with it though. It definitely sped things up overall.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh noes Val!! Is it saying to check your notification area, but, it's not there? That happened to me for about an hour, then, it randomly started downloading. I'm installing now!! Almost done!! Woot!! :D Hope you get it fixed soon buddy.

Yup, I had the "Check your notifs message" but I don't have any update in the notif bar. It could be the wifi I'm on, I think the firewall is a little trigger-happy, I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I had the "Check your notifs message" but I don't have any update in the notif bar. It could be the wifi I'm on, I think the firewall is a little trigger-happy, I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Like I said, I didn't do anything and it just started going. I'd say just leave it in that state and eventually it'll go through.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Firmware update notification appeared in my Notification area. So I let it do the update, it rebooted my Prime, and seemed to be updating. But then it got to the startup screen and it said the update failed.

Not sure what the "DMclient" app is. Did a search in the app store and came up empty. What cache should I empty, the Dalvik cache or something? I have various applications, and I think Titanium does that. Unfortunately, the update no longer appears in the firmware update section under Settings, so I am not sure whether it will get pushed out to me again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

dmedesha

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade went OK., if a little slow. Had to manually bounce it three times to get wifi working and the weather app to change back to F. All seems fine now.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I cleared out the data and cache, then tried the FIrmware Update again. It still says no update is available.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, even after stopping the DM client and rebooting, I could not get the update. And I noticed DM client restarts itself after booting up again.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just clarifying how to find DMClient. The only way clearing data/cache for it ever helped me for updates was when my Prime told me there were no updates. As far as this issue goes, when I received the updates in notification area message, I just let the Prime sit for an hour and it started downloading randomly.

Also, the instructions are to stop it, then clear cache/data, then reboot. Not clear cache/data, stop, then reboot. Not sure if it makes a difference, just saying. And, like I said, still don't think that this will help with this issue, but, you never know.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Were you running stock or were you rooted for ICS? Because I am rooted, and it may have failed due to that.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Tried the DM Client thing again in the order you mentioned. It didn't help; I am still unable to get the update.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, so my theory is probably right. I would have to unroot my tablet and return to stock to get the update, and I can't be bothered. Is the JB update worth it?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is the JB update worth it?

It's making my Prime run nice and smooth. But, if you are running another ROM, that issue might have been fixed for you already.

---------- Post Merged at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Hey, are any of your folks experiencing this issue now?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...t-selection-highlight-bug-please-comment.html

Appreciate your insight. Thanks.

Yea, I'm having the issue, can still select text on touchscreen, but, not with keyboard in some places. Works fine in Drive, but, not in website text boxes.

---------- Post Merged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Seems to be limited to the stock browser though. Just reproduced the test in Chrome and it was fine highlighting in text boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma