Those who have RMA'd?

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So I have several things that need to be fixed on my tablet (the vibration device is loose, screen separation at the top and something else I don't remember off the top of my head. lol Anyways I use my tablet a ton for work so I am trying to figure out a good time to send it in, but wanted to know from people who have sent theirs in how long it took. I know it is at least a few weeks, but was wondering some people actual times to get it back? Thanks!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I would say send it in during Christmas, but if you can't wait that long than thanksgiving.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
the vibration device is loose!

When I got my Prime back from having work done in the past, I noticed this was occurring. The vibration has a very slight rattle now. Initially it annoyed me, but, the only time I hear a vibration is when I turn the Prime on. After a week, I decided it wasn't worth it to send it back and deal with an RMA. Not sure if you frequently use vibration though.

but wanted to know from people who have sent theirs in how long it took.

When I sent my Prime back it was rather quick. Probably about 10 days round trip if, I had to guess.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
When I got my Prime back from having work done in the past, I noticed this was occurring. The vibration has a very slight rattle now. Initially it annoyed me, but, the only time I hear a vibration is when I turn the Prime on. After a week, I decided it wasn't worth it to send it back and deal with an RMA. Not sure if you frequently use vibration though.

When I sent my Prime back it was rather quick. Probably about 10 days round trip if, I had to guess.

The biggest times I notice the vibration is when turning on and off as you mentioned, though I do have it set to vibrate with emails also and that is when I more start taking note. Maybe I will disable that and see if the sound is enough to get my attention still.

Round trip of 10 days I would say is not bad at all. I know I have no major issues and everything is working and why I have been hesitant. In January I will hit a year of having it though so I was just trying to decide if it was worth sending in and getting fixed up to have the best working (hopefully) tablet before I am not under warranty anymore.

Thanks for the response!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
In January I will hit a year of having it though so I was just trying to decide if it was worth sending in and getting fixed up to have the best working (hopefully) tablet before I am not under warranty anymore.

Yea, I understand. Maybe you should wait until the middle of December in case anything else goes wrong. If it does, you can send it in to get everything fixed all at once. And, if nothing else goes wrong, you will have had two more months to decide if it's worth it or not.

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I sent in my tf201 for a camera repair. It was door to door a 14 day turn around.
I did a restore from my back up on the sdcard.
All is well.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I sent mine in twice, the first time it took over a month, but that was because I was going back and forth with the rep and she would take at least a day to respond to any emails. the second time I sent it in I got it back the next week. pretty quick turn around considering it was 2 days each way for shipping and a weekend.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just sent mine out yesterday for the WiFi solution they have now. I was told the turnaround should be 14 days.

What solution do they have for wifi? I have a dead pixel blob on my screen which is annoying me. If they have a fix for the wifi this could be worth sending in. I RMA'd my TF101 and after some hassle getting my RMA number they sent be a brand new device within 10 days.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I've heard from Trek it was a mobo replacement and antennae lengthening, something like that. That wont fix your dead pixel unfortunately. I am in the process of getting this setup to do it for myself.

However, you should look up Asus' policy on dead pixels. I have a sneaking suspicion it'll require more than one dead pixel.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, what Devinator said. :) When I contacted them they said they have a "solution" for the wifi that involves a mobo replacement that separates the wifi and BT antennas and lengthens the wifi antenna as well. The turnaround was surprisingly fast and there has been an improvement on my Prime. Is it perfect? No, but did it improve? Yes.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When you set the whole thing up, did you have to tell them anything specific? The rep wouldn't tell me there was a specific problem/solution. Just said they'd assess the situation. What did the rep say to you when you set the whole thing up, and, what exactly did you tell them.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
When you set the whole thing up, did you have to tell them anything specific? The rep wouldn't tell me there was a specific problem/solution. Just said they'd assess the situation. What did the rep say to you when you set the whole thing up, and, what exactly did you tell them.

I never called. I contacted Gary, the rep ASUS has on XDA, and he put me in touch with someone who helped me. This person sent me a brief explanation and assisted me in sending my Prime for service. I told them I was having wifi issues and that it was getting tiresome and that I wanted some kind of fix for it or a replacement of my tablet (I even told them I'd pay a difference for a TF700!).

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Did they give you contact info when they called? Curious if I could directly contact that person.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Did they give you contact info when they called? Curious if I could directly contact that person.

We did it all by email. My suggestion would be to contact Gary directly. His email is: Gary_Key@asus.com. He's made his contact info available for this sort of stuff. The person Gary pointed me to was Tien Phan.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that'll work, I'll shoot him an email and see what he has to say. I'd rather get a dialogue going with someone before I send it in and have to be sad for two weeks, lol.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that'll work, I'll shoot him an email and see what he has to say. I'd rather get a dialogue going with someone before I send it in and have to be sad for two weeks, lol.

I understand. I think the reason I got an explanation is that I told them I wouldn't send it in unless they gave an idea of what they would do to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca