Logging off

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. I need to send my Prime in for an RMA to ASUS. How do I log off my account from the Prime? Do I need to completely remove the account or is it possible to remove the passwords somehow? If I have to remove the account, will that remove apps or just the data synced in calendar/mail/etc? Thanks!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe that you will need to do a full factory reset. That will reset all accounts as well as apps and data. Resetting is good RMA practice anyway.

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Next week when I back from a week long conference and meetings, I will be doing a full factory reset and sending in my TF201. The camera has decided to stop working, which happened around the time of my JB upgrade.

Its not the factory reset thats the issue but that I will have to rebuild from my back up again.

Rick+

from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep. It's the rebuild that's the issue. It is what it is, I suppose. I already sent mine in for a supposed new solution for WiFi they have.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
They are not disclosing a lot of detail but here is what they said: I can’t go into too much detail but the fix entails a MB rework as well as an antenna extension.

MB rework? That sounds scary. Lol. Why aren't they making this public then? If it's an issue this serious, they should be doing a recall to do the fix. How did you find out about it, was it through a complaint?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
MB rework? That sounds scary. Lol. Why aren't they making this public then? If it's an issue this serious, they should be doing a recall to do the fix. How did you find out about it, was it through a complaint?
LOL Well, if it fixes the problem, I'm all for it! Not sure why they are not making it public. I'm going to guess this is one of the implementations they made on the TF700 model also. I found out by contacting Gary, the ASUS contact on XDA. They were very nice about it too.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. Well, when all is settled, I'd be curious to know how the whole thing went, although, I'm sure you already were going to let us know, lol. I'd like to send mine out while it's still under warranty, so, I look forward to hearing your results. Also, did they pay for shipping?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. Assuming they keep to the 14 day turnaround time, it should be relatively soon...although I'm already having tablet-withdrawal! LOL

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to hear how this replacement goes. Be sure to keep us updated!

Well, they are not replacing the tablet but making changes to it. I'll certainly post once I get it back and talk about the results of the modifications they are making. I would hope the longer antenna will improve reception.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, just a quick update to let you know that my Prime is on its way back. I just got a notification with the FedEx tracking number.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Nice!! I'll bet you are excited. I look forward to hearing details of your WiFi experience after you get it back. :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae