Logging off

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, just talked to them. They wouldn't give me any clear answers on if it was a known issue, just that they would assess the issue and perform necessary maintenance. I have to get my serial number though, didn't have it on me, and call back. They said they were going to pay for free one way shipping, which, I had not had to do in the past. They said that might go away when I call back with my serial number, if it doesn't, I will speak to a supervisor and make sure it can be done for free, lol. I figured I'd get them to fix my camera while I'm at it. When I get all this done I'll do a writeup and post it in the subforum.

Good luck. I hope it works out. What is wrong with your camera?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It has that issue where the rear facing camera comes up as all green, white, and pink static. It wont let me cap a screen while the camera is up or I'd show you. I think there is a thread somewhere else in the Prime subforum that has a pic of what it looks like though. I figured if I am going to send it in, might as well get fixed. But, I wasn't going to send it in just for the camera. I never use the camera really.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've read reports of that by several folks. Mine works fine, thankfully, but it is something I don't really use. I still can't get why people use tablets to take pictures. I've been to Disney or even concerts and there are people holding up tablets to take pictures! I can understand a smartphone but a tablet?!?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I don't get it either. Front facing camera I get, not rear. I wasn't going to get it fixed, but, if I'm going to send it in for other work, it just makes sense to get both issues fixe, regardless as to how much I use it. What if I go to sell it, ya know?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. They just better not try and charge me. When I asked the guy if I was going to incur any cost, he was like, well, we only pay for one way shipping. I was like , you only pay one way shipping for an issue that you caused that is a widespread known issue? I don't think he knew how to respond, lol. Once I get the serial though, I will get to the bottom of it.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh, the person you were talking to did not lie. They expect you to pay for shipping to them. I got lucky and they were nice enough and paid my shipping both ways. :) You may be able to get it out of them.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you knew me IRL, that wouldn't be a might, lol. :p

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll be doing this over the holidays, thanks for the updates trek!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Nice new avatar!!

It should have been exactly where I thought it was in a box with some product boxes that i keep, but, it's not. I'm sure I could have found it if I had more time, but, I was looking for it at 10:00 at night. I assumed I was going to find it quick, but, that wasn't the case. I'll find it this weekend hopefully.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
HEY!!! Serial number: Settings-About Tablet-Status-second to last entry!!! There you go. Cool you noticed the avatar, you can find this specific one (Neo from the Matrix) here, and all the tux mascots here

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
HEY!!! Serial number: Settings-About Tablet-Status-second to last entry!!! There you go. Cool you noticed the avatar, you can find this specific one (Neo from the Matrix) here, and all the tux mascots here

Awesome, thanks Val!! Now I don't have to waste time looking for it, lol. Would have been nice if they told me that on the phone the many times I told them I didn't have it, lol.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm not so sure my tablet has any WiFi issues. I just got the bright idea to run speedtest on my phone/tablet at the same time right next to each other (duh!!). On the WiFi where I am right now, I got identical download, but, upload was off by a consistently large amount. Will test this later on my home WiFi so it's a more controlled environment.

But, if the results end up being the same, or, close, I wont waste my time sending it in.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm not so sure my tablet has any WiFi issues. I just got the bright idea to run speedtest on my phone/tablet at the same time right next to each other (duh!!). On the WiFi where I am right now, I got identical download, but, upload was off by a consistently large amount. Will test this later on my home WiFi so it's a more controlled environment.

But, if the results end up being the same, or, close, I wont waste my time sending it in.

Yes, that is how you need to test it. I did not have comparable speeds before. My speeds on the Prime are better than they were before along with the reception.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I will test tonight and post whether or not I am going to go through with the exchange or not. I'm hoping I wont have to. I need my Prime, lolol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes