Got an update this morning

mbhweiss

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
There is a firmware update to the Transformer Prime in the wild. The update brings the system to JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.2.12-20121018. The "About" screen indicates Android 4.1.1. I don't recall if this is the same version as the original Jelly Bean update.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Was just coming here to post about it. Couldn't find any info as to what the update did. Only thing I could find was an XDA thread where no one knew what it did, lol. One person said they didn't experience keyboard lag and Prime was running smoother, than was it. I don't really see any difference, and, I don't use the on screen keyboard.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Was just coming here to post about it. Couldn't find any info as to what the update did. Only thing I could find was an XDA thread where no one knew what it did, lol. One person said they didn't experience keyboard lag and Prime was running smoother, than was it. I don't really see any difference, and, I don't use the on screen keyboard.

Could this be a patch to fix the USB port reboot issue?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea , SD card issue fixed. And, some other minor things. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing major but looks like they are continuing to work on things which I'm happy about.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update yesterday. It is mostly bug fixes, which is fine with me. They are continuing to support their product and that matters. It'll be interesting to see if they release 4.2 for the Prime.

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got it and my Prime is running a lot smoother. Almost no lag again. I love Asus continued support for the former tablet king.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I sent my tab back and the camera was replaced on warranty.
It was a 14 day turn around from door to door.
Rick

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Eh, I never use the camera, so it's not worth the effort. But it's kind of weird that a software update broke it so badly they need to RMA it instead of issuing a software update. Unless the update broke the camera firmware somehow.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I never use the camera, so it's not worth the effort. But it's kind of weird that a software update broke it so badly they need to RMA it instead of issuing a software update. Unless the update broke the camera firmware somehow.

I don't think I have taken more than 5 photos on mine.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've ever taken any, lol. Only camera I care about is the front facing one.

pdxpogo

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the OTA update to jb to 10.4.2.17 now I am getting an update notification for 10.4.2.15. IF Iselect it it tells me a downgrade is available. This is confusing I can ignore the system update flag but would rather clear the flag if possible. TIA 4.1.2 not unlocked or rooted.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the OTA update to jb to 10.4.2.17 now I am getting an update notification for 10.4.2.15. IF Iselect it it tells me a downgrade is available. This is confusing I can ignore the system update flag but would rather clear the flag if possible. TIA 4.1.2 not unlocked or rooted.

This was on your transformer prime?