Amazon free app today is HD-centric

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The free app today ?Sefari HD? is for high res screens (I assume tablets.) The game itself doesn?t look like anything special (my son will probably like it.) If you click on the link though, you will also see a link to the ?non HD? version (presumably for phones) which is also free today.

Will we start to see more free Amazon apps tailored to tablets going forward?

-Suntan

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think we will, but probably not as fast as any of us would like [IMHO]. For an interesting discussion of the current situation see the PCWorld article at: Mystery of the Missing Honeycomb Apps | PCWorld

That's a really good article. I don't know why you can't search for just table optimized apps. Thanks to Android Central, I now know that IMDB and EverNote have tablet apps.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That's a really good article. I don't know why you can't search for just table optimized apps. Thanks to Android Central, I now know that IMDB and EverNote have tablet apps.

Yes, you would think Google would have a vested interest in highlighting HoneyComb/Tablet apps. I guess the 'fragmentation' thing just means that Google has way too many other things to worry about. Even if Google doesn't push HoneyComb optimized, you would think more app developers would try to get the word out if their apps are optimized for tablets.

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If anything I would expect AppBrain to sort out tablet optimized, as they have always had far more sorting options than the market itself. On my new Asus tablet, I did notice the market has a "Featured for Tablets" section on the landing page, but it's limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair