Update coming soon?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If you check out the Transformer specs page here:
Eee Pad | Transformer | Specifications and scroll down to the Special App section, you'll see NetFlix. You'll also see some other software that wasn't included when we got our TF.

That could mean Honeycomb 3.2 is coming soon, with these new apps bundled with it. And also means NetFlix will be working (without having to side load it).

Any guesses when we'll get he update?? Or has anyone picked up a Transformer in the last few days and had NetFlix pre-installed?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right, and that Netflix will soon be available. I didn't see any other software on that list, though, that wasn't there before.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Was not there before. I believe I have seen that for weeks on that web site.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else just recieve an update?? Still says I'm running 3.1 but the startup "Eee Pad" screen is slightly different and correct me if Im wrong but I believe the red "Videos" app in the appdraw is new. Takes you to a list of movies that if you click on, brings you to the Android Market to rent. Netflix colors but doesn't actually say Nexflix anywhere.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else just recieve an update?? Still says I'm running 3.1 but the startup "Eee Pad" screen is slightly different and correct me if Im wrong but I believe the red "Videos" app in the appdraw is new. Takes you to a list of movies that if you click on, brings you to the Android Market to rent. Netflix colors but doesn't actually say Nexflix anywhere.

What is your kernel and build number? I thought that the startup screen was changed in the last update, but I can't remember if it was the 3.0 --> 3.1 update or not.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
What is your kernel and build number? I thought that the startup screen was changed in the last update, but I can't remember if it was the 3.0 --> 3.1 update or not.

It was the last update, not 3.1

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Kernel version:

2.6.36.3-00011-g3eb19ecis
android@Mercury #1

Build Number:

HMJ37.US_epad-8.4.4.11-20110711

This is an update for/to the first 3.1. A lot of people received the notice for it about July 15. It didn't change the build number (the original 3.1 came out a while back), but looks like it added a a few apps and bug fixes. Hopefully getting us ready for the update to 3.2...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just gotta say that - coming from a Droid Incredible that may never see a significant update despite promises - it sure is nice to have an Android device that actually gets updates. :)

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just gotta say that - coming from a Droid Incredible that may never see a significant update despite promises - it sure is nice to have an Android device that actually gets updates. :)

I agree - I really like my Incredible but worry about its future... Don't trust Verizon all that much. Asus, on the other hand, has shown a willingness to update in a very reasonable amount of time. Hopefully they will continue to do so in the future. Perhaps my only real complaint is in their lack of documentation (could be I'm just not looking in the right places...) when they do put out an update.