Support hassel

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just a strange little tale about a problem getting support after sending my transformer off to Texas for the battery drain problem. Got a notice that it has been sent back to me with a FedEx tracking number. Turns out the tracking number is for some unit they returned to someone else clear back in April. I called and after spending over 35 minutes getting transferred around and trying to get someone to understand, I was promised I would get an email with the correct tracking number. That was on the 10th. So far no email. I don't know when the transformer will arrive or even if it is going to my address. I so hate to get on the phone and have to go through all that again.:(

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a strange little tale about a problem getting support after sending my transformer off to Texas for the battery drain problem. Got a notice that it has been sent back to me with a FedEx tracking number. Turns out the tracking number is for some unit they returned to someone else clear back in April. I called and after spending over 35 minutes getting transferred around and trying to get someone to understand, I was promised I would get an email with the correct tracking number. That was on the 10th. So far no email. I don't know when the transformer will arrive or even if it is going to my address. I so hate to get on the phone and have to go through all that again.:(

That stinks. I'm just going to buy another keyboard dock, put my defective one in the new box, and return it. I'm not going to mess around with RMA's and stuff like that. And I don't want to be without it for two weeks or more.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
FedEx reuses tracking numbers pretty fast, you probably just checked it too soon. I have seen that happen many times. Try it again.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
FedEx reuses tracking numbers pretty fast, you probably just checked it too soon. I have seen that happen many times. Try it again.

Thanks. You are right. Found my shipment and it will arrive Monday. FedEx was slow to re post the tracking info. I did recheck several times.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That stinks. I'm just going to buy another keyboard dock, put my defective one in the new box, and return it. I'm not going to mess around with RMA's and stuff like that. And I don't want to be without it for two weeks or more.

Not passing judgement because I understand you feel like you were wronged by being sold defective hardware and all, but FWIW, besides technically being fraud (and one of the reasons why retail sales return policies have gotten very strict), its risky to do this because the serial numbers for are printed on both the box and the dock and if someone actually figures it out somewhere during the transaction that they don't match, well... Some big box stores even print the S/N or a store"License Plate" number on the receipts of high value (>$100) electronics to prevent people from buying a new duplicate of an existing item and returning the old "broken" one under the store's return policy. Don't know the particulars of your situation, just sayin'...

Last edited:

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Not passing judgement because I understand you feel like you were wronged by being sold defective hardware and all, but FWIW, besides technically being fraud (and one of the reasons why retail sales return policies have gotten very strict), its risky to do this because the serial numbers for are printed on both the box and the dock and if someone actually figures it out somewhere during the transaction that they don't match, well... Some big box stores even print the S/N or a store"License Plate" number on the receipts of high value (>$100) electronics to prevent people from buying a new duplicate of an existing item and returning the old "broken" one under the store's return policy. Don't know the particulars of your situation, just sayin'...

I hear what you are saying, and wouldn't normally do it otherwise, but in this case the store manager gave the ok. So I'll trust his judgement. It's actually my third dock with this problem and I think they are getting tired of me coming in.

The only thing I disagree with is the strict return policy. Most places now have a 14 day no questions asked policy. I think that policy is too lax. How many posts do we see that says "should I keep it", or "taking it back", or how about "swapping for an iPad!". I think without the 14 day return policy, consumers would do more research and think twice before making an impulse purchase.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I hear what you are saying, and wouldn't normally do it otherwise, but in this case the store manager gave the ok. So I'll trust his judgement. It's actually my third dock with this problem and I think they are getting tired of me coming in.

The only thing I disagree with is the strict return policy. Most places now have a 14 day no questions asked policy. I think that policy is too lax. How many posts do we see that says "should I keep it", or "taking it back", or how about "swapping for an iPad!". I think without the 14 day return policy, consumers would do more research and think twice before making an impulse purchase.

What's funny is that 14 Day policy used to be a 30 day policy at the big box stores. And Costco used to have a no-limit, satisfaction guaranteed policy on all merchandise but revised the policy to 90 days for electronics a few years back for the very reason that people were in effect, "tryng" before "buying". So as you can see, consumers are driving the retailers into the general direction you stated. I personally don't think the policy is too strict, when you think about the money consumers are slapping down for these devices, it makes sense to allow some grace time for buyer's remorse (assuming the package isn't opened) or for the off chance a better deal comes along shortly after your purchase. ,:p