Mouse turned into Circle after update

HansGoldstein

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
This morning I updated android on my transformer, and afterwards my mouse cursor has changed into a circle while I have it docked into the keyboard. I'm not sure if I changed a setting without knowing it, or if the new update to android 3.2 decided to go with this. I'd much prefer to get the pointer arrow back, if it is possible

ahmang

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
i have also same issue with pointer..circle pointer is difficult to use...if somebody know how to change back to normal pointer,plzzz let us know,,,i will really appreciate for that...

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I like the circle. Makes sense for touch based applications, and you still have apointer when using a mouse. I still say that there is no reason that the user can't be allowed to choose.
Jon

Cliffs71

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, go into:
Settings
Language & input
Touchpad pointer style

and it now gives you the options for Gesture mode (the circle- I hate it) or Mouse cursor mode (the way it was originally).

Reactions: Dodeca

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
The touchpad on the dock is a mouse essentially, so they need to fix the circle when docked. I hate when companies make universal changes like that that aren't really thought all the way through. I want a laptop experience with the dock.
Guess it's moot if they added the option for both in the update. I won't know until asus sends my fixed dock back.
Actually, I like the circle. Makes sense for touch based applications, and you still have apointer when using a mouse. I still say that there is no reason that the user can't be allowed to choose.
Jon

Last edited:

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
So if you choose the pointer, you lose the pinch to zoom on the mousepad...not sure that's a good tradeoff. I kinda like the pinch to zoom on the mousepad..but the choice is the thing

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Well that stinks. Wonder why they would add that change to the choice.
So if you choose the pointer, you lose the pinch to zoom on the mousepad...not sure that's a good tradeoff. I kinda like the pinch to zoom on the mousepad..but the choice is the thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12