Charging?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I recently took my transformer on vacation with me. I took the USB cable (but not the wall plug) when I tried to charge it via USB port on car radio / USB port on computer / and USB port on cell phone charger it would not charge. Is the only way to charge it with the USB cable and wall plug? Thanks Anthony.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The "USB" cable is wired to permit a higher charging current and you'll note that the wall wart transformer puts out a voltage higher than the USB standard of 5VDC - therefore a standard powered USB port will not provide adequate charge current for the tab.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Try leaving the tab on but put in airplane mode then plug it in and turn off screen. I can get 40percent or so overnight that way. Not ideal but good in a pinch if all you have is a phone charger.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. But right now, i have it plugged into the wall charger and the battery icon is still not indicate as charging..... ????

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
prakash99, I discovered, at least on mine unless I'm just an idiot, that you have to have the plug in the wall with the ASUS logo upside down and the USB connection on top. It doesn't charge the other way around.
Don't know if that helps...

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The wall charger is super cheaply constructed. I would suggest not leaving it plugged in for more than a few hours as they have a tendency to overheat and die. I actually returned my first one for this issue as they will not replace just the ch0arger.

Reactions: taftan

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
prakash99, I discovered, at least on mine unless I'm just an idiot, that you have to have the plug in the wall with the ASUS logo upside down and the USB connection on top. It doesn't charge the other way around.
Don't know if that helps...

Thanks. I don't know what the issue was but it is working again .. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt