So any audiophiles have any feedback as to the sound quality out the headphone jack on the Transformer?

Anyone done any comparisons to other tablets with a similar quality audio file?

I had a touchpad and if I wanted a 10.1" Mp3 player with web browsing it would be ok but it is a crippled beta level product.

The sound was really good so I am trying to see how much of a SQ sacrifice I am going to be making...
    08-15-2011 12:39 AM
    Its not too bad actually. Not going to win any awards but still pretty good.
    08-15-2011 12:44 PM
    I'm quoting Supercurio here but, "Asus EeePad Transformer hosts a very nice audio codec by Wolfson that powers both the headphone and speaker output.
    Its the ultra low power WM8903, implementing a midrange DAC (Wolfson-scale) that outputs a clean and musical signal, and my favorite Class W headphone amp, that gives a clean controlled and accurate output, and is able to drive full-size 300 Ohms headphones without distortion."
    [DEV] Voodoo Sound for Transformer v1 for 3.0.1, 3.1. Feature requests and discussion - xda-developers

Anyway, if you're running any rom with a voodoo kernal + Supercurio's Voodoo Control, the audio is better than any portable source I've owned. I'm a bit of an audiophile and own quite a few different iems and find music to sound very good with the transformer.
    Herk_FE likes this.
    08-15-2011 03:42 PM
    Mine sucks, headphones seem to have lots of static. And the volume level really sucks.
    08-15-2011 06:42 PM
    Mine sucks, headphones seem to have lots of static. And the volume level really sucks.
    Are you using a custom kernel with Voodoo and what kind of headphones do you have? That could be part of the problem. I own a pair of Meelec A151 and Vsonic GR07 and the music is amazing, since updating to Voodoo kernel and installing Voodoo Sound. If you're running a non voodoo kernel, its decent, but not anywhere near as impressive.
    08-15-2011 07:02 PM
    I'm quoting Supercurio here but, "Asus EeePad Transformer hosts a very nice audio codec by Wolfson that powers both the headphone and speaker output.
    Its the ultra low power WM8903, implementing a midrange DAC (Wolfson-scale) that outputs a clean and musical signal, and my favorite Class W headphone amp, that gives a clean controlled and accurate output, and is able to drive full-size 300 Ohms headphones without distortion."
    [DEV] Voodoo Sound for Transformer v1 for 3.0.1, 3.1. Feature requests and discussion - xda-developers

Anyway, if you're running any rom with a voodoo kernal + Supercurio's Voodoo Control, the audio is better than any portable source I've owned. I'm a bit of an audiophile and own quite a few different iems and find music to sound very good with the transformer.
    You may have put the must buy nail in the coffin for the transformer for me Jocelyn!!! Thanks!

I have the Phonak Audeo PFE's (high detail accurate IEM's) and Meelec M9's (bass heavy fun IEM's) so great audio + great apps and flexibility may have just sold me a Transformer.
    08-15-2011 11:03 PM
    You may have put the must buy nail in the coffin for the transformer for me Jocelyn!!! Thanks!

I have the Phonak Audeo PFE's (high detail accurate IEM's) and Meelec M9's (bass heavy fun IEM's) so great audio + great apps and flexibility may have just sold me a Transformer.
    Np! The only thing I'd like to add is that I'm 99% sure the Galaxy tab 10.1 has a WM8994E, which may be a step above, but I don't think supercurio currently supports the galaxy tab 10.1. I bought my Transformer before realizing there were android devices that had potentially good audio, so I guess you could say I felt lucky to find out it had a Wolfson chip in it. Supercurio plans to continue support for the Transformer, and when you couple that with its pricetag, its the go to tablet imo.

Sent from my Asus Decepticon using Tapatalk
    08-16-2011 02:03 AM
    Np! The only thing I'd like to add is that I'm 99% sure the Galaxy tab 10.1 has a WM8994E, which may be a step above, but I don't think supercurio currently supports the galaxy tab 10.1. I bought my Transformer before realizing there were android devices that had potentially good audio, so I guess you could say I felt lucky to find out it had a Wolfson chip in it. Supercurio plans to continue support for the Transformer, and when you couple that with its pricetag, its the go to tablet imo.

Sent from my Asus Decepticon using Tapatalk
    The question then becomes should I wait for the quad core transformer in October or buy now.....HMMMMM
    08-16-2011 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD