How Widespread Is The Power Button Issue? (Please post your exp)

Have You Experienced The Power Button Problem Where TF Won't Wake

• Total voters

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
*(The problem is Transformer does not wake up from sleep mode when you push power button. Many have had to push button and hold till TF reboots).*

Hi,

We have had our Transformer for about a week, (really like it, very zippy quick, light, thin and pretty) however, we finally got that power button issue I have read about here and on other forums.

We held in the button for 8 seconds and it rebooted itself. Our unit is a B70 I believe, and it came with Android 3.2 installed already. All we had to do was download that new firmware that just came out.

We have in our history terrible luck with electronics (yet love them so) and would like to know how many others have or are having this issue?
Is the consensus that it is hardware or software problem?
Do most who have had it, return/rma or live with it?

Thanks for any help.
:)

Last edited:

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Widespread Is The Power Button Issue? (Please post your

Mine did it once and that was just last night. Ive had my tf for a lil over a week. I plugged the charger in and pressed power and it came off

AndroidUK

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ours did it from time to time but now using 8.6.5.9 (WW version) of Honeycomb 3.2 it has not done it = maybe just a coincidence though!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

I have 3 in my household and mine has never done it in the almost 2 months I have had it and each of my kids have one and to my knowlage neither have had it happen, 1 almost 2 months old and the other 2 weeks old.

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully more people vote. I would edit the poll (if I knew how) to add random reboot issue as well. Be nice to see in the thread what issues if any people are experiencing, or conversely how fantastic and problem free their Transformer has been.

As for us, we exchanged ours as we also started to get the random reboots (in some cases one right after another). New one is charging at the moment, hopefully all will be great from now on. That 8 hour initial charge they want is a killer lol.

:)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I've had mine for over a month now, and didn't even know of the power button or reboot issue until reading this thread. Mine has been fine.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

As for the reboot issue, my daughter had hers reboot in the middle of a game 2 weeks ago but nothing on the other 2.

bluangelford

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

i just found this after posting question about this issue, mine is having the issue of rebooting or starting up after its been docked, is this any relation to whaat you are mentioning?? i didn't see anyone mention about being docked or not......

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

The only time I have seen that was after a power down and I've had mine since July.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz