So, I understand that i can't just connect my Transformer to my computer and expect it to charge because it needs a stronger current. 15v vs. 12v, i think? USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0, maybe?

My problem is that it won't charge when plugged into a regular wall jack anymore. I've made sure that it's connected properly, infact i'm afraid that it may break if I push it anymore.

Any thoughts?

ps: It's not connected to a dock at all. Just the propietary power cord.
    10-21-2011 12:08 PM
    I am far from knowledgeable in these things, but I found that mine wouldn't charge if the plug wasn't in the wall outlet upside down so that the "ASUS" is upside down. Right side up, no charge - upside down - it gets the juice. Tried it multiple times - don't know if this helps, but hope so -
    10-21-2011 03:13 PM
    Thanks, but that didn't work either.

The funny thing is that when i plug it in or unplug it the screen comes on. So, it's gotta be getting some kinda juice. Just not enough to charge.
    10-21-2011 03:53 PM
    So, I understand that i can't just connect my Transformer to my computer and expect it to charge because it needs a stronger current. 15v vs. 12v, i think? USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0, maybe?

My problem is that it won't charge when plugged into a regular wall jack anymore. I've made sure that it's connected properly, infact i'm afraid that it may break if I push it anymore.

Any thoughts?

ps: It's not connected to a dock at all. Just the propietary power cord.
    Mine wouldn't charge a couple of months ago so I ordered a new charger. Before it arrived, I took mine, slid the U.S. prongs off of the adapter, squeezed the two silver loop type pieces together a little, reapplied the u.s. prongs, plugged it back in and it worked. This may have just been a lucky accident, but won't hurt to try. Good Luck!
    10-22-2011 11:14 AM
    Thanks, but I've had no luck with that either. I've pushed the loops both together and pulled them apart. I've also tried moving around the little silver connectors in the usb connector and putting the wall wart in the freezer over night. i'm pretty much at my wit's end.
    olam123 likes this.
    10-22-2011 03:00 PM
    Ok, hate to hear it.
    10-22-2011 05:48 PM
    Sounds like you need to contact asus. If you don't want wait forvthem you buy a charger from office depot for 40 usd

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 08:20 PM
    I'm waiting for Asus to get back to me. I hope they don't want me to send the whole device in.

I didn't know Office Depot had them.
    10-23-2011 09:00 AM
    I also had an issue where the charger quit working.

1) I obtained a replacement from a local Office Depot for $29.99.
    2) Opened a ticket with ASUS to return the Charger for replacement.
    3) ASUS asked me to return the Charger, Cord and Battery.
    4) I declined the offer to send in the Transformer Tablet and Dock with the Charger as I knew they are working.
    4) I declined returning the battery as the new charger worked.
    5) I received an email informing me that my replacement charger was shipped.
    6) I will keep the Charger from Office Depot as a Spare in my travel bag.
    10-27-2011 04:31 PM
    Does the replacement work just as well as the original did?

What do you mean battery? I thought it was sealed?
    10-28-2011 08:58 AM
    Which charger did you get from Office Depot? I don't want to get the wrong one.
    10-29-2011 11:58 AM
    Nevermind. I didn't realize it was the same one. I thought it'd be some off brand.
    10-29-2011 12:07 PM
    I had the same problems with my old charger - it just wouldn't charge anymore after a few months. I ordered a new one and no problems since. I heard some of the early chargers were defective.
    10-30-2011 04:53 PM
    I got a replacement charger from Office Depot today. Found that it was actually the wire and not the wall wart that went bad. I can charge my Transformer using either one of the wall warts now as long as I connect it with the new wire. Maybe I'll return the old charger to Office Depot in the box of the new charger that I got today
    10-30-2011 09:06 PM
    Maybe I'll return the old charger to Office Depot in the box of the new charger that I got today
    Don't. Not worth the ding to your Karma.
    11-01-2011 07:33 AM
    Yeah, I guess you're right. My karma needs all the help it can get after a long night of candy swipin '. J/k
    11-01-2011 07:41 PM
    They do need to make that with a less flimsy wire. Many people have suffered the same fate.
    11-02-2011 04:21 PM
    Atleast the tablet itself is quality.
    11-02-2011 09:22 PM
    Here is my charging saga,

Received my TF yesterday (along with the keyboard dock), thought I would boot it up for a quick look. It did not have enough charge to to that. Put it on the charger, wasn't sure it was charging but as mentioned in above post it was getting something cause it came on for a brief monment. After 8 hours I powered on the TF, booted up no issue but I had only 38% charged, but it wasn't showing it was charging (unless I overlooked some kind of icon). Quickly installed dual battery app, it showed battery was not charging. So, I put it on the dock (did not want to I wanted to sell the dock, it was free with the purchase) anyway, the dock was drained also but at least it showed at that time it was charging both. Will see what next after work.
    11-03-2011 04:27 AM
    The USB charging cable is somewhat fragile and breaks easily near the USB connection.
    Try (gently) pushing the wire into the USB block and see if the lights come on with the tablet.
    I have replaced one already from Office Depot.

I'll contact ASUS and get a replacement as a spare.
    11-03-2011 06:50 PM
    Don't. Not worth the ding to your Karma.

Thats BS - Asus needs to support their product. If you return the defective one to the store they will just ship it back to Asus as a return - there is absolutely no reason that you should have to suffer for a substandard charger You are not harming the retailer and Asus needs to stand behind their product. It is BS that you should have to be without the tablet you spent huindereds on while they take their sweet time shipping a replacement. Return the replacement - get your money back - and know that you are in no way hurting the huge faceless retailer or manufacturer that already have your hard earned cash.

PS - I have a thread in the accessories subforum about third party chargers and some of the things that seem to lead to charger failure (ie charging overnight)
    11-03-2011 06:57 PM
    I just wanna say thanks everyone for posting all the information that ya'll had on this. My stuff wasnt charging either. I tried to do all kind of things and then after i read this whole thread the one thing that worked was....GENTLY plugging the USB part back into the main wall plug part and then I plugged it in with the ASUS upside down. I know it sounds really weird but before doing this, I tried everything I could think of and none of it worked. Its good now tho. Thanks again everyone
    TonyLibations likes this.
    11-15-2011 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD