New Update

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same as what you're describing. I don't think it's a defect by any means.

I understand. I didn't mean to say you both saw it that way, but I just didn't do a very good job separating out your reaction from that of END in my last post. It's an enhancement, I think.

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I looked at it two more times just now. I think you are right, it fades all of them, not just one. When I saw it the first few times, it looked like just whichever icon happened to be in the middle bottom row.

Still, I never had the market force close on me since I have owned the Transformer, so that one was a first.

:)

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
.....Still, I never had the market force close on me since I have owned the Transformer, so that one was a first.

:)

I could be mistaken, but I think I had the same the FC thing, too, the first time I ran Market after the update, but if I remember correctly, I found that there were two copies of Market shown in my Apps listing, and I removed the obsolete one, and never had any more problems with it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just received an updated response from ASUS support regarding the Apps Backup failures in the 8.6.5.18 release. It doesn't provide any workaround for the problem, but at least it acknowledges it, and that they are preparing a solution.

".....The problem will be fixed in the next firmware which will be released soon. ....."

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Market updated fixed the problem I've had since day 1 of installed apps showing up in the "Not Installed" section, thus preventing me from updating directly from the market (though installing via the web market resulted in a proper update the one time I tried). Only thing is I now have 27 apps to update out of nowhere! Gotta love first world problems :p

That had been my sole gripe about the TF, love this tablet!!!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
ASUS has an update 8.6.5.19 available. I just installed it, and I'm running the Apps Backup right now. I am doing all of the apps, so it will be a while before it completes, but at least it didn't error off within seconds this time.

Update: It saved all apps, except for Firefox 8.0 successfully. I'm not going to worry about that one. In scrolling through the list, it was very slow in responding at times, and generated a Not Responding message, but it did make it through in the end. It made a secondary copy to the microSD card, which is a good idea to protect from any Factory Data Resets in the future.

Last edited:

pckocher

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My battery life (with dock) seems much better since this update. I had noticed recently that my TF was frequently drained when I went to it after long standby periods. But now it maintains its charge during downtime.

Note that I had already replaced my keyboard dock after the 'wake on keyboard press' revelation, and I had already made sure that wi-fi was disabled when the device was in standby mode.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The new market comes with this update. You can require a pin number for market and in app purchases. Now my kids can play and I don't have to watch over them to make sure they don't buy expensive game upgrades!

Reactions: vicw926a4

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The new market comes with this update. You can require a pin number for market and in app purchases. Now my kids can play and I don't have to watch over them to make sure they don't buy expensive game upgrades!

Thanks for that. I didn't realize it was added. Like you, I can now relax when my grandkids are playing games on my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance