11-11-2011 03:13 PM
29 12
tools
    ASUS has an update 8.6.5.19 available. I just installed it, and I'm running the Apps Backup right now. I am doing all of the apps, so it will be a while before it completes, but at least it didn't error off within seconds this time.

Update: It saved all apps, except for Firefox 8.0 successfully. I'm not going to worry about that one. In scrolling through the list, it was very slow in responding at times, and generated a Not Responding message, but it did make it through in the end. It made a secondary copy to the microSD card, which is a good idea to protect from any Factory Data Resets in the future.
    11-10-2011 10:57 AM
    My battery life (with dock) seems much better since this update. I had noticed recently that my TF was frequently drained when I went to it after long standby periods. But now it maintains its charge during downtime.

Note that I had already replaced my keyboard dock after the 'wake on keyboard press' revelation, and I had already made sure that wi-fi was disabled when the device was in standby mode.
    11-10-2011 05:08 PM
    The new market comes with this update. You can require a pin number for market and in app purchases. Now my kids can play and I don't have to watch over them to make sure they don't buy expensive game upgrades!
    vicw926a4 likes this.
    11-11-2011 03:07 PM
    The new market comes with this update. You can require a pin number for market and in app purchases. Now my kids can play and I don't have to watch over them to make sure they don't buy expensive game upgrades!
    Thanks for that. I didn't realize it was added. Like you, I can now relax when my grandkids are playing games on my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-11-2011 03:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD