New Update

BUNK

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a new service update to the TF this morning. It is apparently just a service update and is NOT Ice Cream Sandwich.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I didn't think it was ics, anyone notice anything different. Home screens seem a little snapier and so far the typing lag with the onscreen keyboard seems very minimal. I am using the English keyboard not the Asus one.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Phandroid has this to say:

ASUS Transformer Gets Update, Netflix Comes Pre-Installed

transformer-update-650x471.jpg

On the whole it looks like a nice addition. Even if it isn't ICS, which really shouldn't be expected to be available prior to the Galaxy Nexus being available for purchase.

-Suntan

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I keep hitting "check update". I have been experiencing battery drain since the last update. I also welcome Wi-Fi fixes.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This update added something I think should be standard in Android, and should have been there since a long time ago, a Backup Utility. The main reason I root my devices is so I can make backups of my games and select apps. I un-rooted my TF a couple months ago and haven't played a single game on it since I knew I'd pretty much lose everything if I ever needed to reset or need to RMA (Which I have for a few months, just too lazy to do so). Now that I can create backups and restore them (even though it's only on the TF) I may start gaming on it more again. I'll be interested to see if the backups will work with TB or done in a way in which they can be easily converted for such.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just did the update, but I'm not having any success doing the Apps Backup. It starts the Backup, but errors off during the encryption cycle with a "failed to Backup your Data, Try Again." message . Is it working for anyone?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally! Now I don't have to turn it from portrait to landscape to use App Market! I don't even need ICS now. My transformer is perfect! Eff Yeah!!

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Netflix? Has anyone tried it? I cancelled Netflix, now I'm very tempted!

Edit: I am very pleased with Asus. They continue to support released hardware. I had a completely different experience with Samsung's Galaxy S.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Netflix? Has anyone tried it? I cancelled Netflix, now I'm very tempted!

It's works fine, but it also worked fine before it was baked into the FW. We use it every night, on Google TV, my Droid X and/or the TF.

At $8 a month for unlimited streaming, I think it's a great bargain, but to each, his own.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that ASUS probably pulled it while they put in and test a fix for the problem in the Apps Backup app.

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I went into setting and manually checked for update and up it popped and I installed it......
Now I wish I had not.

I now have two issues I never had before.

When in the app folder looking at all my apps, when I hit the home button the bottom middle app icon on that page gets blown up very big as the screen fades back to the home screen.
The marketplace force closes on me too much. (Actually never had the older one force close once)

I really hope they come out with fixes for these issues as well.

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When in the app folder looking at all my apps, when I hit the home button the bottom middle app icon on that page gets blown up very big as the screen fades back to the home screen.

Mine does it as well, but I think that is how the screen now fades from apps to home.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine does it as well, but I think that is how the screen now fades from apps to home.

I don't see a problem, but maybe I'm not doing the same thing.

When I select Apps, displaying My Apps, then press the Home button, the apps display expands up and out off the screen, (not just the bottom center icon) and the Home screen display expands from below and to its full size.

I Can't imagine that transition could be considered an issue or a defect. I think it's quite elegant, but maybe that's not what you both are seeing.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was stunned by the response I just got from my support ticket with ASUS that I submitted on 11/5, regarding the failures using the Apps Backup application that was included in the OTA 8.6.5.18 update.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

Sorry, we don't provide support for third party apps.
But you may feedback the URL of the topics you mentioned and I will pass your mail and these URL as a VoC ( voice of customer) to the related dept.

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Vivian

ASUS Customer Service"

I love my TF, and I've appreciated support from them previously, but this response takes the cake, IMHO. I've replied back to them, and hopefully they will be more careful to address the problem next time.

Last edited:

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a problem, but maybe I'm not doing the same thing.

When I select Apps, displaying My Apps, then press the Home button, the apps display expands up and out off the screen, (not just the bottom center icon) and the Home screen display expands from below and to its full size.

I Can't imagine that transition could be considered an issue or a defect. I think it's quite elegant, but maybe that's not what you both are seeing.

Mine does the same as what you're describing. I don't think it's a defect by any means.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08