Battery drain after update

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Before the update, I could turn off the screen, making sure I stopped services like facebook, and the battery would only drain slightly even overnight. Now, when I turn off the screen, the battery level drops steadily and, after just a few hours, it is down to 50%.On the Battery Use screen it says Google Services used 25% and Tablet Idle use 24%. I never used to see those on the Battery Use screen before the update. Am I doing something wrong>

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have a rogue app/service. To fix this you can either

1. install a third party app from the market that gives you a more detailed read out of whats using up your battery. (i know they exist but dunno the name of any, sorry)

2. if youre rooted you can reflash the ROM and hopefully that fixes the problem.

On a side note, once you get this ironed out... you dont have to stop select services before turning the screen off. instead simply put your tablet into airplane mode. that disables all radios so even if a service is running it cant access any data so it cant use much battery. my tablet can sit idle in airplane mode for hours without dropping 1%

BigWeesel

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
jc924, have you fixed this issue? I'm having the same problem, I used to turn off WIFI, updating, GPS before I went to bed at night and my battery would be the same in the morning, now since the update, my phone get really hot, and the battery dies overnight.

Never thought of using airplane mode...

When I'm home, my battery doesn't move - as soon as I leave, my battery goes from 90% to 5% within an hour ... before the update this was not an issue. I'm going insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar