Asus TF $249 (expired BF ad)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy door buster sale for black friday will be $249.99 for the 16gb unit without dock.

Last edited:

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Asus TF $249

wonder how early you have to be to get it?? ... great deal

According to the leaked ad (Best Buy Black Friday Ad | 2011 Black Friday Ads), doors open at midnight on Black Friday and they'll start handing out tickets up to two hours prior to opening, so you literally have to be there before Thanksgiving Day even comes to an end. Don't eat too much turkey and food coma through it :p

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Wow color me jealous - i got mine on sale for 350 and that felt lke a steal at the time. The TF beats the crap out of the new nook for the same price.

Piney Boy

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I just got the 32 GB version from Overstock.com yesterday for $379.99. I thought that was a deal. That is a nice price for the 16 GB version. I just don't like fighting the lines on Black Friday.

projectxmatt

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

If best buys where you live are anything like the ones here in ohio plan on showing up 2-3 days early. For the door busters, last year people had been camped out for 2 days prior at my local best buy.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

2 days? Bah. Only Black Friday deals I will do is what I can find on line. Did pretty good at Amazon last year.

jarays212

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site

I have an opportunity to buy this on bestbuy.come tomorrow since im a silver rewardzone member....AHHH so tempting...:mad:

JonathanTX

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

hmm, ill be out of town down in houston tx, but ill have to take my receipt with me from the one i bought saturday.. and get the difference back ;)

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Ended up getting one of these and the keyboard. I have a Xoom that I really like but the transformer has facinated me since I first saw it. For $350 it is a no lose situation, if I don't like it I can always give it to the wife or a kid.

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

$250 seems like a really good deal. I wonder how quickly the Best Buy stock will go.

Seems like price drops on this should start becoming more widespread now that the Prime went up on Amazon for preorder. I don't think I could bring myself to pay $400 for this knowing that the Prime will be available soon for $500. I could probably pay $300 for this... maybe $350 but don't think so...

I'm sure there are people smarter (or at least have more invested) than me setting these price points. $500 for the Prime is high, and it's not truely available yet. But relative to the older model, it seems you get quite a bit more for the $100 over the older model.

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Will this work? If so I'll go buy one now.

Yeah, I too am wondering if this will work. What kind of restrictions are on the $249 deal?

Of course, could just go buy one at the current price. Then try to get a credit for the difference between regular retail and the special price... and if you can't get the credit, just return it before the standard 14 day return window is up.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Just called BB pretending I had bought a TF yesterday and just heard about the BF deal. Apparently, since theTF is a door buster deal, you would not be able to get credit on the difference. Reason being, the door buster deals only go on for two hours from opening/12AM and their returns don't open until 2PM on BF.

So by the time return center opens the TF will already be back to regular price. Oh well... :\

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Seems that way. Door buster deal only, 12AM(Opening)-2AM. Two families already camping here...

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

what do they mean they'll be passing out tickets?

If they have say 25 transformers in stock the first 25 people in line for one gets a ticket to buy it. This is how they avoid the mad rush into the store where people get hurt.

elbodude

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

hmm, ill be out of town down in houston tx, but ill have to take my receipt with me from the one i bought saturday.. and get the difference back ;)

Spoke to BB employee about this. She said they will not be giving the difference back on the Black Friday Ad merchandise. I was at BB at midday on Wednesday, and the tents are already being setup by BF campers. Wow!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon