Keyboard dock not working...?

NexusBear

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Transformer for Christmas and i Love it!! I also received teh keyboard dock, but haven't had a chance to really check it out - the first time I put the tablet on the dock it appeared to work fine - keyboard was responsive and the mousepad worked. I removed it from the dock and the next time I went to put it back on to use it, the tablet doesn't appear to recognize that the dock is there - none of the buttons work.... Any ideas or are there software settings that can be changed for the dick itself?

HELP!!! I want to enjoy my new tablet in its' dock!! ANY advice will be appreciated.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You've presumable made sure both batteries are charged and restarted the tablet, with and or without the keyboard attached? Also, plug in the keyboard and check are there any updates for the dock (settings / about tablet / software update.

NexusBear

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info - I'm not sure what changed, but last night it started responding and has been ever since. Now my concern has moved to the battery - the manual seems to infer that you can charge the tablet while it's on the dock, but I have yet to get the tablet to show charging status while it's connected to the dock. Anyone have any ideas?

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Bear: Are you sure you are getting the tablet fully seated on the keyboard? Make sure the little slldng tab, in front of the connector recess on the dock, is fully sliding to the right and locking. Mine was a little tight when I first got it. Finally loosened and now connects fine.

Hope everything works out.

Cbill

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
@nexusbear. You need the dual battery widget from the market, since there isn't anything on the tablet itself to show you its charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair