Constant random reboots since ICS

hockeyhippie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My TF-101 was great for the first few days but now in the past 2 days has started the random rebooting every so often, usually when I'm in the middle of something important for work but idle for a minute. :(

BlackJath

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So I wasn't actually having the random reboot issue until I did the factory reset, and since then it started happening only when idle. So I set the WiFi to to turn off when idle as I had before I reset it. I did that yesterday and haven't had any issues yet...

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I wasn't actually having the random reboot issue until I did the factory reset, and since then it started happening only when idle. So I set the WiFi to to turn off when idle as I had before I reset it. I did that yesterday and haven't had any issues yet...

Good Luck with that. Please give us an update if you get any more reboots, or if you are successful after a few days or more. My last "fix" worked for about 30 hours.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Things started off great, but the last two nights resulted in a locked tab while trying to reboot, and a dead battery this morning after who knows what. I have the key board and close it up at night.

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset last night and a few apps and games that I couldn't install since apparently they haven't been updated to run with ICS.

Will post back in a few days after I see if I have anymore random reboots or other issues.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I too have reboots
wish I never updated
one word: ANNOYING

PS - just realized that I posted a haiku (well it was close so I changed one thing - yes I am that nerdy)

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I found my transformer at the booty screen with the grey circle twice now. Both times it was in the keyboard dock and fairly warm. I have not had it reboot on me while using it, it only tends to happen when it sits idle. Mine is also completely stock

Mine has only locked up when its in the dock (so far). I did send a message to ASUS though. At this point in time, i really want to downgrade :(

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine has only locked up when its in the dock (so far). I did send a message to ASUS though. At this point in time, i really want to downgrade :(

I also submitted one a couple of days ago. Still waiting for a response. I have had the reboots with my tab docked or undocked, FWIW.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Damn, this is disconcerting. I've really been on the fence about Android lately because of the instability. Every device I've ever owned has had issues with force closing or random reboots. I've no doubt that it's a powerful OS but it's starting to get annoying that I have to reset my devices on a regular basis to keep the gremlins at bay. The new Windows tablets are beginning to interest me now.

acortinas

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I recently updated my tf101 to pics... same as all of you I found my tab to be rebooting, freezing and keyboard lagging. My first app to uninstall was skype which reduced my reboots to half, second I thought pulse might have been creating an issue but haven't noticed a difference since uninstalling.

Last I went to wake up my tab and it started a reboot when I pressed the power button. Once it rebooted checked my running apps and found Asus keyboard and android keyboard running at the same time which seems unusual. I stopped the Asus keyboard app, since then I have not had a reboot, lagging keyboard, freezing, our slowww processing... its actually faster than when it had honeycomb...

Just a thought. It has been running 8 hours non stop free of reboots since. If anyone else has a similar experience or possible solution please come out

Azman432

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I called up Asus support and after waiting for several minutes I, they answered me. A representative advised me to do a factory reset. I backed up my dat (musics, photos in the microSD) and then do the hard reset. I did this at about 6 pm yesterday. So upon resetting, the tablet wnet straight into ICS. In fact there is a new Asus Water II live wallpaper whihc was notthere when I upgratded to ICS from HC. I like this new live wallpaer, whihc is also in the Prime of course. So now it is about 6 pm. After 24 hours, there is no random reboot. So far......

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just did a factory reset yesterday. Didn't make it 24 hours before it rebooted & locked up on my wife :(

Really upset with this. I'm hoping CM9 will support it at this time.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Have had no issues of any kind after upgrading to ICS and rooting, over a week ago. Much better battery life. Love the improvements to all the camera functions.

hockeyhippie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was getting frequent reboots. I uninstalled Plume (twitter client) yesterday and have not had a problem since. I still get the "process android.media has stopped" messages twice when it boots up, but that's it.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was getting frequent reboots. I uninstalled Plume (twitter client) yesterday and have not had a problem since. I still get the "process android.media has stopped" messages twice when it boots up, but that's it.

OK, I removed it on mine, too, just to see what happens (I'll try anything at this point). I wouldn't get too confident too fast, though. Until you get at least 48 hours of happiness, I wouldn't consider it as a probable solution. I have been sorely disappointed several times so far after extended periods.

By the way, I don't understand how you are getting an error message when you boot relative to an app that you have removed from your system. I would never expect that to occur, and I didn't see it on mine when I booted after removing Plume. Also, you shouldn't have to reboot anymore, right? Good luck.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I called up Asus support and after waiting for several minutes I, they answered me. A representative advised me to do a factory reset. I backed up my dat (musics, photos in the microSD) and then do the hard reset. I did this at about 6 pm yesterday. So upon resetting, the tablet wnet straight into ICS. In fact there is a new Asus Water II live wallpaper whihc was notthere when I upgratded to ICS from HC. I like this new live wallpaer, whihc is also in the Prime of course. So now it is about 6 pm. After 24 hours, there is no random reboot. So far......

Can we get an update? Any reboots or shut downs?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt a factory reset will fix it. Didn't for me :(

Same here. Failed after 30+ hours, and nothing else I have done has reliably eliminated the problem, either. I don't think it's really meaningful whether one person or another is successful or not with the Factory Data Resets. They may help temporarily remove the results of the underlying problem, but they are rarely a true solution.There are ample posts on a variety of forums that might lead us to conclude that the resets help, and that they don't help.

I really doubt that any of us really understands the underlying root cause for this problem, and we are all just trying anything we can to find a solution, even though almost all of us (myself included), lack the diagnostic resources, or the skill sets necessary to determine the real cause. This problem will most likely be resolved when ASUS releases an update to the release - in the meantime, we will continue, out of our shared frustration, to try to establish cause and effect correlations from our observations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1