Would you still buy it today?

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the market for a tablet but don't feel like buying the prime with its wifi issues and I can get the original transformer plus dock for around the same price. With the new pads being announced at MWC, would you wait for those or buy the original now and maybe resell later to upgrade? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

suzettew

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
the tf suits my needs perfectly. i use mine with Sketchbook pro email surfing reading and the like. works fine with.Netflix. sure any gizmo geek will say to wait for the next biggest thing...
the question is will an upgrade do something you can't do now?

I'm all about visual so the only reason i would upgrade is for a better screen. or for a headsup display
guess you just have to know your needs and buy for that

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
the tf suits my needs perfectly. i use mine with Sketchbook pro email surfing reading and the like. works fine with.Netflix. sure any gizmo geek will say to wait for the next biggest thing...
the question is will an upgrade do something you can't do now?

I'm all about visual so the only reason i would upgrade is for a better screen. or for a headsup display
guess you just have to know your needs and buy for that

Does it lag at all while doing anything?

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a tf and my buddy just got a prime. Honestly I did not see any of the issues others were complaining about. I like the finish and how slim the prime is over the tf. It seemed about as fast as my tf and boo noticeable lag. If you can get a good deal on the tf I would do that,I didn't see enough of a difference to upgrade. Both are nice tablets

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a tf and my buddy just got a prime. Honestly I did not see any of the issues others were complaining about. I like the finish and how slim the prime is over the tf. It seemed about as fast as my tf and boo noticeable lag. If you can get a good deal on the tf I would do that,I didn't see enough of a difference to upgrade. Both are nice tablets

Do you have ICS on it?

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
if you put this and the prime side by side (cause these are the only options for tablets right now IMO), you will no doubt think the prime is much better looking but are you willing to shell out an extra couple hundred for a shiny outer case? before ICS I may not have pushed so hard towards the original but it made a great deal of improvement.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I sold me tf101 and got a prime. No WiFi issue, I would not buy the 101 now.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't buy it today with all the issues with ICS. I also would not get the Prime with all the reported gps issues it has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21