Best Browser for Asus Transformer?

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The built-in browser on my Transformer is a bit clunky.

I use Firefox on my laptop; any suggestion for the tablet?

The keyboard leaves lots of room for improvement. WhenI type the letters dont always get recognized, as you cn see from this senence

Anyone else notice this problem?

huffphil

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a fan of the ics+ browser on my transformer. Love using the quick controls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I find Firefox for Android to be clunky. Same with Chrome beta. For me, the standard browser in ICS works great. If the keyboard is the issue, you can change that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bryanw504

bryanw504

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I also find the ics browser better than chrome beta and others. As far as the keyboard try SwiftKey I prefer that over stock. Once chrome comes out of beta hopefully soon it should run better but for me it's still to buggy at the moment on the prime.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am partial to the Opera browser. I like keeping the title bar visible at all times, and it just seems a little faster than the stock browser. Also, it seems to get hung up less than the stock browser on website, like Amazon.com being an example.

-Suntan

flagtrax

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I Thought the same of the built-in as well until I got used to it. Occasionally I'll use Chrome just to deviate and not get "too settled in". I always seem to go back to the default. As far as the keyboard issue you speak of, remember that the screen is a capacitive device. Where your fingers (both) are at any given time can effect it. I've found myself with my "holding" hand sometimes too close to the screen, effecting the outcome of tapping. For lots of typing I use the docking station.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma