Not Charging

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My mom's Transformer will only work when plugged in. The tablet and keyboard dock will not charge. Thinking a cat had chewed on the cord, I bought a new one from Amazon. Still, no luck charging. Any ideas?

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How old are the tablet and the dock? Batteries don't last forever, and if this Transformer has been heavily used for a couple of years, it's possible that the batteries may not be able to hold a charge any more. Still, it's odd that it's both the tablet and the dock. How do you know the dock won't charge? Have you tried charging the dock separately? If the dock holds a charge but you're still unable to charge the tablet, then there could also be a problem with the power input for the tablet.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Following some information on XDA, I bought a new charger at Radio Shack. With it, the tablet powers on but still no charge. The keyboard blinks slow orange, which indicates 10% or less, when plugged in separately. Doubtful both batteries would go bad at once.

Look at this odd screen grab of battery use:
yhyruper.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you leave the dock alone plugged in overnight? Does it charge up fully? I still wonder if it's a problem with the tablet's power input that's allowing it to accept power to run, but won't charge the battery. Maybe it's been sucking the charge quickly out of the dock, leaving it close to zero, which means the dock would take a while to fully charge back up (assuming there isn't a problem with its charge circuits).

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I had my mom leave the dock plugged in for the night. It continued to blink orange. Still scratching my head on this one. If the tablet's input was bad, it wouldn't explain why the dock isn't charging either.

Go figure.

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12