TF101 Won't Boot Up - only get purple screen

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an Asus Transformer TF101 that suddenly has stopped working. When I hit the power button, the screen turns a pale purple that can be seen by looking at it from the side. If I hold the power button and down volume button, it cycles off, then flashes a blue vertical stripe briefly down the left side, then turns off. Any ideas on what to do? I have a ticket to send it to Asus, but I'm not sure its worth doing. I have no idea what that will cost. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it, or did Asus fix it, and if so, what did they charge? Thank you.

Paul

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have an Asus Transformer TF101 that suddenly has stopped working. When I hit the power button, the screen turns a pale purple that can be seen by looking at it from the side. If I hold the power button and down volume button, it cycles off, then flashes a blue vertical stripe briefly down the left side, then turns off. Any ideas on what to do? I have a ticket to send it to Asus, but I'm not sure its worth doing. I have no idea what that will cost. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it, or did Asus fix it, and if so, what did they charge? Thank you.

Paul

If you are still within the one year warranty period, we can fix it free-of-charge as long as the screen is not physically damaged. If it's cracked, we can repair it, but for a fee. I would send it in; you have nothing to lose since the tablet doesn't work anyways. If we do deem it damaged or out of warranty, you can choose to have it shipped back to you untouched. You're under no obligation to get it fixed if you send it in. Might as well get it looked at and get a free quote for repair if need be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63