How do you pronounce ASUS?

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
"eye-want-won"

+1 lol

They use to pronounce it "A SUESS" but they wanted to sound more professional...or some crap like that, and now say its "A SUSS"...easier way is to pronounce Pegasus, and leave off the PEG part. There's a video of one of their CEOs or whatever who talks about it and pronounces it and uses the Pegasus method on youtube.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ive always said "Ace-us". Then again, I was told recently that I was saying Toshiba wrong as "Tow-she-buh" as it is really apparently pronounced (according to my asian friends) "Tow-CHEE-bah". Or they are just screwing with me. Both are likely.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
+1 lol

They use to pronounce it "A SUESS" but they wanted to sound more professional...or some crap like that, and now say its "A SUSS"...easier way is to pronounce Pegasus, and leave off the PEG part. There's a video of one of their CEOs or whatever who talks about it and pronounces it and uses the Pegasus method on youtube.

Of course if you are listening to people who are talking in an accent it may not be exactly right. Regardless, their other division is Pegatron.

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Its A Zeus, but according their website, they got the name from PegASUS, which would make it more sense for it to be pronounced a-sus.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I should've mentioned in my previous post that the Engadget video I linked to has a Taiwanese employee from Asus actually pronouncing it the way they do internally. Don't be thrown off by the phonetic spelling on the whiteboard--that's a regional phonetic spelling. Just listen to her saying it.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but it is relevant here as well...

Our local Best Buy manager showed me their inventory screen showing they are expecting 5 Transformers in stock on Tuesday along with 5 keyboard docks. They expect nearly all will want the keyboard. He offered to let me go on their waiting list with customer service.

He said only Apple and Sony have as low a return rate as Asus. He said 80% of the computers Best Buy sells have Asus boards in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair