Preordered from Amazon estimated ........

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey I ordered mine at 10:15 this morning and they are to email me a delivery estimate at some point. If you are in the same boat as me and get your date please post it here?

Thanks

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just checked the Tiger Direct Web site. Says that it ships in 7 - 21 days. Pretty sure that means they do not have it in stock right now.

aditya

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got a notification from Amazon that my shipment is estimated to arrive May 3rd (I ordered mine about 12:15am on launch morning).

hawflake

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
For the precious few who don't know: the beauty of Amazon is they don't charge you until shipping, and you can always cancel prior to shipping. So order away! I want to see this thing #1 on Amazon's Bestseller list.

njnets21

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
only problem is Amazon is charging tax and shipping. now i have to decide if i wanna spend the extra $32 to not be charged until shipping or just pay B&H $399 flat and have to pay up front.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
only problem is Amazon is charging tax and shipping. now i have to decide if i wanna spend the extra $32 to not be charged until shipping or just pay B&H $399 flat and have to pay up front.

Amazon only charges taxes in the few states where they have a physical presence. With our sales tax in California running near 10% this is a big incentive to use Amazon instead of in-state etailers like Newegg or Frys. Also, if you have Amazon Prime you get free 2 day shipping.

The big issue with Amazon is their popularity. People on XDA are saying Amazon is telling them if you order now you are over a month out.

njnets21

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Amazon only charges taxes in the few states where they have a physical presence. Also, if you have Amazon Prime you get free 2 day shipping.

The big issue with Amazon is their popularity. People on XDA are saying Amazon is telling them if you order now you are over a month out.

if you look at the listing on Amazon, it's actually through Target. that's why there is tax and shipping.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
if you look at the listing on Amazon, it's actually through Target. that's why there is tax and shipping.

Oh, oh, that means Amazon.com, LLC is not handing the order. That is bad for a few reasons of reasons.
- One, the tax issue you mention. Amazon.com, LLC has a very limited domicile (Washington, Nevada, and one or two other states). So you don't pay taxes in other states. Compare that to Target which is everywhere so you pay taxes everywhere.
- Second, the guarantee/refund structure may not be the same. Amazon.com, LLC is free returns unless you just decide you just don't want it.
- Third, if you have Amazon prime at Amazon.com, LLC the shipping is 2 days and free. Sometime shipping is not free with other Amazon storefronts.

FWIW, I made sure both my tablet and keyboard were being sold by Amazon.com, LLC. Amazon.com, LLC must be sold out and directing the orders to other storefronts.

Last edited:

Lil21kev

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Amazon just sent me an email that said I can expect my tablet between may 18 and june 2nd.. As for the dock they have no clue.. You would think for every Tablet ASUS would make a dock? or a 1 to 2 ratio?

farwest

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Amazon just sent me an email that said I can expect my tablet between may 18 and june 2nd.. As for the dock they have no clue.. You would think for every Tablet ASUS would make a dock? or a 1 to 2 ratio?

Amazon sent me an email tonight saying expect delivery btw May 17-May 27. I ordered about 12:45 am on launch day. Have one from BJ's already and my wife is interested in a second to replace her lame ipad. Could pick one up locally at Fry's if I wanted to go to that chitty store and brave a phalanx of morons, but I don't and I won't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante