preorder at J&R Electronics

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Those of you who could not get in on any preorder/order for Transformer, here is another shot at it. J & R electronics is still accepting pre orders. They are a reputed name in electronics and are nice folks to deal with. (I am not affiliated with them).

Search Results for ASUS Transformer at JR.com

The website shows 32GB version "coming soon" and 16GB version "on order". It would be best to call them at 800-806-1115 or 800-426-6027 and see which one would be faster to get. They are expecting a new shipment next week (my friend was told so).

Goodluck.

infennon

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Just placed an order, hoping some retailer sends me one soon. how did you pay? i purchase/pre ordered by using my amazon account, hopefully that means it will be shipped directly from JR and not amazon. when i go to Jr.com it still shows the transformer in my cart but i got an email confirmation saying i purchased the item.

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I did the same- using my amazon payment account to purchase through J&R. I'll definitely post when I get dates from either Target through Amazon or J&R. I am hoping I'll know when by the end of this week because I ordered the 28th from Target and 29th from J&R.

kuri

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a post on xda about someone contacting J&R today and finding out that they received a whopping 45 units and have shipped them out today. Logged onto my CC and just noticed that J&R no longer has the charge pending.....

I guess I'll get to read more about it before I get my hands on one.....in a month....or two.....who knows:p

plumhead

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed a post on xda about someone contacting J&R today and finding out that they received a whopping 45 units and have shipped them out today. Logged onto my CC and just noticed that J&R no longer has the charge pending.....

I guess I'll get to read more about it before I get my hands on one.....in a month....or two.....who knows:p

They're supposed to get about 45 more on Thursday as well.

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Since my Target order was cancelled, I placed an order with JR. Thanks for the info and great reviews of them. Had never done business with them before.

jcpharm

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if J&R typically charges the CC even before they have a unit to ship? i can see that my Amex was charged the $407 already but there is no email saying my unit is shipping. is this normal?

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing, but I have no shipping confirmation. I see where they state they will not charge until the item has shipped, but that's not what it looks like to me.

jcpharm

May 2, 2011
Visit site
No, but their listing for the Transformer now says "On Order" whereas yesterday it said "Temporarily Out of Stock" and you are still able to click "add to cart". hopefully that means they are receiving a shipment soon to go out to those who have an order in.....but who knows - i am speculating here.

infennon

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a pending charge for my order as well...normally your shouldn't have a transaction unless something is being shipped...hopefully the pending charge is a good sign

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just put a order in from them. I hope they are a good company (and hope they ship soon lol). It says ON ORDER right now, so hopefully it's soon. I'm super excited after playing with a XOOM!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87