Anyone else on backorder with B&H?

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I put my order in for a 16gb and a keyboard dock the moment that B&H was taking orders and immediately my order was listed as "backordered". This was on the 26th, and right at 9pm Et when B&H reopened for orders. Unfortunately, their online chat customer support is closed right now so I cant ask them if they have any idea when they are getting them in. Has anyone else talked to them recently and gotten the info?

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was on backorder, decided to cancel it because I could get it for around $15 cheaper through Target and because B&H sent a TF to someone who ordered 2 hours after me.

HappyFish

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I was on backorder, decided to cancel it because I could get it for around $15 cheaper through Target and because B&H sent a TF to someone who ordered 2 hours after me.

I placed my order the second B&H was re-opened to take order on launch date. According to their website, it won't ship until May 31. And now knowing they shipped to someone who ordered later than me, I'm going to cancel my order.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I placed my order the second B&H was re-opened to take order on launch date. According to their website, it won't ship until May 31. And now knowing they shipped to someone who ordered later than me, I'm going to cancel my order.

Yeah I actually heard about people getting them from B&H after I ordered too. I think they must have some screwed up system where if someone cancels their order it just goes to the next person that makes an order, not people who are already on backorder status. I gotta say, Im pretty pissed off at B&H.

T.els

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I am in the exact same spot. Ordered right as their system opened up. Had everything completed within a minute and a half of being able to place the order. Initially I was listed as Order Processing I believe it was then about an hour later backordered. Now they just keep giving me the run around about how they have no information to give either as to when they may get in more or where I am on the back order list. I wouldn't mind so much except for the fact that, well they already have my money.

Now hearing that they actually shipped one to a person who ordered two hours later, that makes me really mad. Not that cancelling my order is going to do much good, since where else am I going to find one at this point or be anywhere near the front of an order queue.

Concho Pete

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I too have the 16 gb TF & dock in "backorder" status with B & H. I suspect that my order will ship only when the TF AND dock are in house and ready to ship, as they most likely do not want to pay for two shipments.

All I can do is sit tight and wait. While I've been wanting the TF since January, I don't HAVE to have this now, and I'm not going to spend more to get it now (Craigslist/Ebay).

My order went in around 9:05 pm, so I might be waiting a long time.

HappyFish

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Now hearing that they actually shipped one to a person who ordered two hours later, that makes me really mad. Not that cancelling my order is going to do much good, since where else am I going to find one at this point or be anywhere near the front of an order queue.

I'm not sure how the order queue works at B&H. If they go by sequential order, I should have already received my order.

strngkngjc

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered within 4 minutes and I received a shipping notification 2 days ago. I should have it by Monday. I think a big shipment was received by many because my nowinstock.net alerts have been going off like crazy since I got my shipping notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae