So I received my dock/KB yesterday and can't seem to make a mouse work, or figure out how to access a external HDD. I can plug in a drive, see it light up so I know it's powered and ready but no icon shows up on the task bar to access it. When I plug in the micro SD card the icon shows up, I click on it to access. Easy.

Also I've now tried three different USB mice and no go. Wondering if I have a bad dock or am I missing a setting or a OS update? I hit update and it says i'm up to date yet reading back through the OS updates I don't think I have all the features I should . Any insight from someone with a dock would be appreciated. Settings? software?

Current Build number is: HRI66.US_epad-8.2.2.6.1-20110325

Mobile Dock version: EP101-0207
    05-06-2011 07:27 PM
    I haven't tried an external hard drive, but I have attached a USB mouse. No problems with it. I did once have to shut down and turn it back on to get it to recognize, but once it was recognized, it worked fine.

I have a Logitech M305 mouse, for what it's worth.
    Bossxii likes this.
    05-06-2011 08:01 PM
    I haven't tried an external hard drive, but I have attached a USB mouse. No problems with it. I did once have to shut down and turn it back on to get it to recognize, but once it was recognized, it worked fine.

WOW! I had powered it down and restarted but didn't have the mouse plugged in at the time. Reboot.. with mouse plugged in and the full size SD... all is good. Man do I feel silly lol, oh well. Thanks! Sometimes... sheesh
    05-06-2011 08:07 PM
    Sweet. I was wondering if it would work with wireless mice as well as wired. My son's mouse is an M305.

Good to know it is covered.

-Suntan
    05-06-2011 08:17 PM
    Current Build number is: HRI66.US_epad-8.2.2.6.1-20110325

Mobile Dock version: EP101-0207
    You're on the original firmware. Go here and select Android from the drop-down menu to get the latest update. You'll need a microSD card.
    Bossxii likes this.
    05-06-2011 08:30 PM
    is your HD or flash drive formatted in FAT32? possible if your external is NTFS android wont read it
    05-06-2011 10:40 PM
    You're on the original firmware. Go here and select Android from the drop-down menu to get the latest update. You'll need a microSD card.
    Thanks! I got everything to work prior to the update, but thanks for the link and info.

is your HD or flash drive formatted in FAT32? possible if your external is NTFS android wont read it
    Was just a quirk out of the box. Once I left a mouse plugged in to the USB port, rebooted, all works fine. The external HDD i have is NTFS and it works perfect.
    05-07-2011 03:36 PM
    cool, yeah i received mine today. FAT32 and NTFS drives are golden. also provides enough power to the usb for my 2.5" external
    05-07-2011 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD