05-14-2011 10:56 PM
28 12
tools
    I tend to read multiple forums (good at times, bad at other). I have been on XDA lately and I've read quite a few users have problems with their transformer having dust under the screen, dead pixels, light bleeding, and creakiness. THAT IS SCARY! lol. I'm on pre-order list from J&R and now considering canceling and waiting or getting the XOOM even...

Are you guys experiencing these issues or are your tablets flawless almost? Thanks.
    05-06-2011 10:00 PM
    Nah... Mine is not flawless, but almost...

Just keep in mind, most people that don't have problem, wont be on the forum. Just like you only hear news about a plane crashing, but not the hundreds landing safely.
    05-06-2011 10:09 PM
    So true. So should I continue my order. I love all of it but those problems worry me. That's all, but it sounds like only a few have it.
    05-06-2011 10:13 PM
    I can't decide for you, but I exchanged my Xoom earlier for a Transformer, and I haven't felt this way on a device since my first gen iPad. This tablet is one hell of a deal, it's definitely a keeper for me.
    05-06-2011 10:32 PM
    I posted a video of the creakiness. seriously that issue needs to be laid to rest. it's totally fine. you can't have it all sub-$400.

the issues you listed could potentially happen on any device. i wouldnt let that stop you from cancelling your place in line.

hopefully JR has a good return policy if you are still worried (F restocking fees)
    05-06-2011 10:37 PM
    I unboxed my TF on Monday, played with it for an hour and then drove straight to Costco to return my Xoom.....no second thoughts at all. The only issue I have had with my TF is waiting for the Dock to come off back order. The only reason I could see sticking with a Xoom is if you just had to have 3G...which is what my Evo is for.
    05-06-2011 11:28 PM
    I have no issues other than minor light bleeding, nothing I would return/exchange the device over.
    05-07-2011 01:30 AM
    I've seen videos of creekiness and believe that some people have the problem, I personally have almost zero creeking. I do on the rare occasion in one corner, and only because I'm trying to get it to creek.

I did the light bleed/dead pixel test and I do have some. (Find a pure black image and view it with brightness all the way up.) I have small bleeding in about five different areas and two or three dead pixels. Neither of which are noticeable in anything but the most extreme case, eg the above test.

Keep in mind no piece of hardware will ever be perfect, there will always be some issue with it, just depends on if it affects you in enough of a w a y to make it unusable.

My biggest complaint: Honeycomb. After having played with it for three days now, it is VERY sloppy to have been shipped like this. Hopefully Google releases an update in the next week to improve it. I also have an audio issue where the sound is about 90% lower in my left speaker, hopefully that is a software issue.
    05-08-2011 02:09 PM
    I really am getting use to this pad. however, does anyone have the issue with angry birds where it seems like the FPS rate is low and it makes the game choppy. It should hardly be chopping with the tegra 2 ... my epic plays the game perfectly.

Also, I do agree that honey comb is sloppy and there are not a lot of apps out for it yet that work with it great. Other than that, the accessories.
    05-08-2011 05:36 PM
    Angry Birds plays like that on my DInc too, atleast it did till I bought the Ad-free version.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 05:52 PM
    Only issue on mine the light bleed on the display. However I don't use my TF with full brightness and stare at a black/blank screen so it's not really an issue for me. It is the same issue the iPad 2 has with the IPS panel and more than likely LG produced the panels.The only time i notice it, is when I boot up and see a full screen, black background. Not going to return it or worry about it as can deal with a few quirks when the overall product performs so well.
    05-08-2011 07:04 PM
    I have not seen any dead pixels yet, I do have some minor light bleeding (4-5 spots) only saw when I was unlocking the tablet (black background) in the the dark. During the day under normal operations I see no issues.

Question: Since it seems so minor and yet many people talk about it, why is light bleeding talked about so much. Is it a sign that things will get worse in the future, or that some light bleeding is visible under normal operating conditions? I'm not trying to troll, I am just wondering if it is more serious than I think it is.
    05-09-2011 10:21 AM
    Itís an E-nerd thing. All it does is bug you. It doesnít portend the end of daysÖ Öor even imminent failure of anything.

Some people would argue that it causes reduced capability due to loss of contrast, but really thatís the same thing as saying it bugs you.

That said, I would be unhappy to have noticeable bleed on a device I just purchased.

-Suntan
    05-09-2011 12:27 PM
    I must have been a luck one because all these issues about dead pixels, light bleed, battery drain, etc ... not a one here!
    05-09-2011 01:18 PM
    Same here - no dead pixels, light bleed, dust, creaking etc, it's fine.

Of course you're bound to hear more about the problems, since those who experience them will complain, and people like me for whom everything is great don't tend to post messages saying "No problem here!". Um, except I just did...
    05-10-2011 04:31 AM
    Would any of these problems put you of recommending a Transformer to your best friend ?
    05-10-2011 08:10 AM
    Absolutely not. For the most part you will not even notice them unless you are directly looking for them. As I see it, the TF is the best Android tablet currently on the market. Add to that the price and it's hard not to recommend it.
    05-10-2011 06:31 PM
    Question: Since it seems so minor and yet many people talk about it, why is light bleeding talked about so much. Is it a sign that things will get worse in the future, or that some light bleeding is visible under normal operating conditions? I'm not trying to troll, I am just wondering if it is more serious than I think it is.
    Some people use their tablets for watching movies or TV in rooms with low light. In scenes which are supposed to be dark the light bleed can be pretty annoying. I have noticed the same issue with iPads.
    05-11-2011 01:10 PM
    If it's any cancellation iPad 2 is having the same problems , light bleed , poor quality control
    05-11-2011 01:48 PM
    Noob here but i don't think i have these problems. Any chance you guys can post a screen shot of a light bleed?
    05-12-2011 03:04 PM
    A little light bleed on mine, but no dead pixels, creaking, etc. Couldnt be happier with it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    05-12-2011 03:41 PM
    I had the Asus and was going to sell my xoom, but in all honesty this tab is cheap a ss quality and I mean cheap. And yes I had the creaking back panel, light bleed along the whole bottom edge and dust. But you get what you pay for. If you have a xoom stay far away from this one it's like night and day. Purely my opinion.
    05-13-2011 03:39 PM
    Totally dissagree. I returned my xoom after getting my TF.. I have none of the problems noted. And I do have a working sd card slot. And it was $200 cheaper. And I like it better cause of the potential growth and expansion. ImHO
    05-14-2011 02:56 PM
    Totally dissagree. I returned my xoom after getting my TF.. I have none of the problems noted. And I do have a working sd card slot. And it was $200 cheaper. And I like it better cause of the potential growth and expansion. ImHO
    It's 200.00 dollars cheaper because it has hardly any aluminum with 90% plastic, no flash for the camera and it's 16gb. Xoom will soon get the SD card update but I'm in no hurry I have 32gb.
    05-14-2011 06:49 PM
    who honestly needs a camera flash on a tablet? Nothing wrong with plastic, it gives instead of dents and you're gonna put a case on it anyway, however each to their own. My ONE problem with the Xoom was the cheap screen. I honestly dislike the iPad 2 aside from its screen and it's weight.
    05-14-2011 07:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD