I'm seriously considering buying the Transformer. Does it support 1000Mbps networks. I'm curious because I use remote access and file transfers over my home network.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    05-12-2011 11:55 AM
    The transformer does not have an RJ45 jack to plug a network cable into.

You can only access a wireless network with the Transformer. Although you can always connect the transformer via USB to a computer. Which is theoretically capable of doing 480 Mbps. Although you will be limited by the read/write speeds of the memory before you max that out anyway.

That said, I am curious to know what the real world throughput people are seeing on various wifi connections they have with the Transformer.

-Suntan
    05-12-2011 12:00 PM
    The transformer does not have an RJ45 jack to plug a network cable into.

You can only access a wireless network with the Transformer. Although you can always connect the transformer via USB to a computer. Which is theoretically capable of doing 480 Mbps. Although you will be limited by the read/write speeds of the memory before you max that out anyway.

That said, I am curious to know what the real world throughput people are seeing on various wifi connections they have with the Transformer.

-Suntan
    I am too. I guess a lot of the network performance depends on your wireless router. I'm trying to replace a Windows laptop with the Transformer that's why I care so much.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    05-12-2011 12:46 PM
    Can someone open up the WiFi Analyzer app on their Transformer and see what it says for speed?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    05-22-2011 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD