Disappointed

welshiron

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a total noob to Android, so may be missing the obvious here...

After weeks of waiting, my transformer with dock finally arrived yesterday, however it appears to be running a debug version of Android 2.2

In settings/about it shows Android Version 2.2 and under build it shows vertana-userdebug 2.2 FRF91-Daily-userdebug-20110329-testkeys

I'm reluctant to send it back as the supplier is now showing these on preorder for June, can anybody suggest how I might go about loading 3.0 please?

TIA

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This happened to another person. Head over to XDA, make a thread about it in the Transformer section, do a system dump, post it, then contact Asus imo.

Sent from my Asus Decepticon using Tapatalk

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
not sure if this would work or not... The ASUS website has downloads on it: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Choose Android as the operating system and then go to firmware. Pick the US version and download. ASUS is also in the process of updating firmware for both the Transformer and the Dock - so maybe you will get an OTA notice without doing anything??? (But I wouldn't want to wait for it....)

Good luck!

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
@welshiron

Another thing to try is to connect the WiFi and then go to Menu > Settings > About > Updates and see if your Transformer recognizes it isn't up to date. maybe it can find an update to HoneyComb that way. Since you are still on 2.2, it may not update to 3.0 - but it is worth a try...

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
This is the third that I've heard of. There are apparently a few machines going around with the 2.2 version of Android that they showed at CES. It's important to get a dump because of a couple of items. Asus had some debug tools on these devices that would be incredibly useful to the wizards at XDA. Also the launcher for the version of 2.2 is a very nice looking tablet UI for 2.2, which would be useful for other 2.2 tablets like the GTablet that will probably never have hardware acceleration for any version of Android past 2.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome