Just got Android 3.0.1 updates on my TF.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
Just updated mine, and just wondering if this version is the same as the 3.1 that was pushed out earlier. I should've took note of what version I have earlier before I update. Anyway what version are you guys running?

Not sure what are the changes as of yet.

Thanks.

ps.

I have the 16GB version.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My 32GB TF just got the update and I also got a Dock update. I can't seem to find anything that says what's included. It updated the WiFi, Bluetooth, Kernel, Build, and Dock numbers. I took a screenshot of both the before and after 'About' screen, but can't seem to attach them from my Transformer. If there is any interest, I can move them to my laptop and try to attach from there. I may have to reduce them in size to meet the AC Forum limits...

Hopefully this will fix some of the minor bugs people have been having - while we wait for the 3.1 HoneyComb update.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That'll be cool if you could post the before and after. And that's actually a good idea, I should do that for the next update.

Will do later this evening when I get a chance to break out the laptop (I'm on the road right now). I wish ASUS would show a change log. Since there was a Dock update too, it may have been to fix the Dock freeze that some people have been experiencing. I was hoping it would fix the battery stats too - but doesn't seem like it did...

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just updated mine, and just wondering if this version is the same as the 3.1 that was pushed out earlier. I should've took note of what version I have earlier before I update. Anyway what version are you guys running?

Not sure what are the changes as of yet.

Thanks.

ps.

I have the 16GB version.

Asus says hey have the 3.1 code and working on porting it to the Tranformer. They have not pushed it out yet.

Last edited:

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I am attaching the 'Before' and 'After' screenshots of the 'About Tablet' settings from my 32GB Transformer from the 5-14-11 firmware OTA Update. Both Tablet and Dock got an update. The Android Version remained the same at 3.0.1 and the GPS version remained at v1.2.4. Here are the changes...

The WiFi went from V5.248.28 to V5.248.35.
The Bluetooth went from V6.11 to V6.12.
The Kernel went from 2.6.36.3.00003-g8038d35 to 2.6.36.3-00004-g069b8b5.
The Build went from HR166.US_epad-8.2.3.9-20110423 to HR166.US_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511.
And MobileDock went from EP101-0207 to EP101-0209.

Reactions: Visual360

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
I am attaching the 'Before' and 'After' screenshots of the 'About Tablet' settings from my 32GB Transformer from the 5-14-11 firmware OTA Update. Both Tablet and Dock got an update. The Android Version remained the same at 3.0.1 and the GPS version remained at v1.2.4. Here are the changes...

The WiFi went from V5.248.28 to V5.248.35.
The Bluetooth went from V6.11 to V6.12.
The Kernel went from 2.6.36.3.00003-g8038d35 to 2.6.36.3-00004-g069b8b5.
The Build went from HR166.US_epad-8.2.3.9-20110423 to HR166.US_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511.
And MobileDock went from EP101-0207 to EP101-0209.

Looks great, thanks for doing this.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My 3.0.1 looks pretty on the IPS screen though.... :)

I honestly can't see a difference. Most tests even show that the Xoom screen is just as bright as the Transgender screen. The only problem I have with the Xoom screen is that the auto-brightness is way too dark. That's easily resolved by setting the brightness manually. The Xoom is ten times the hardware the Transgender is.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
I honestly can't see a difference. Most tests even show that the Xoom screen is just as bright as the Transgender screen. The only problem I have with the Xoom screen is that the auto-brightness is way too dark. That's easily resolved by setting the brightness manually. The Xoom is ten times the hardware the Transgender is.

Sounds good.

I have Xoom prior to the Transformer, and I sure can see the difference. My 1st gen iPad screen looks better than the Xoom. I love the everything about the Xoom, but the screen washed-out look just bothers me too much.

While the built of the Xoom is top, I have no complains with the TF. In fact I get more attention with the TF compare to the Xoom. I usually hear this with the Xoom "you got an iPad?",but with the TF, I usually here this "Wow, that looks real nice and classy..."

Oh well, to each his own. :)

Both are running Honeycomb, which I really like.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Ten times? Wow! Sounds like someone's Xoom needs a calculator that works...

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

not the most relevant, informative or tolerant post.

Anyway, my ota hit this morning, update when fine, rebooted then the dock update notification came upon startup. did not prompt me to reboot after the dock update, but i did anyway.

anon(292241)

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Wow...sounds like someone is a little "gender confused" and has tablet envy issues. Maybe if you hadn't spent ten times the amount on your Xoom?

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow...sounds like someone is a little "gender confused" and has tablet envy issues. Maybe if you had spent ten times the amount on your Xoom you would have got a lovely IPS screen and a proper keyboard that enhances battery life rather than draining it faster (bt).

Corrected.

..and to think I nearly bought a Xoom ROFL.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Its good to know that asus is committed to getting updates in a timely manner.

I agree. I just wish they were a little better with the documentation. It would be nice to see a change log or at least a description/list of 'fixes.' Other than that, no complaints - I'm extremely happy with my Transformer & Dock (poor ol' Nook Color is getting lonely... lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy